Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

NY principal bans God Bless the USA from graduation because it offends other cultures

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...itivities.html

A New York principle has sparked fury among parents, students and teachers after banning a patriotic song from being sung at graduation.

Kindergartners at PS 90, the Edna Cohen School in Coney Island will not be allowed to sing ‘God Bless the USA’ at their moving-up ceremony because principle Greta Hawkins has decided it is inappropriate.

The lyrics, she says could ‘offend other cultures’ and are ‘too grown-up’ for five-year-olds.

Controversially, Hawkins is allowing alternatives including ‘Baby’ by Justin Bieber.

In past years the kids would sing the song with pride at the end of their June 20 commencement, waving tiny American flags, all dressed up for the occasion.

But Hawkins has pulled the plug on their patriotism, much to the annoyance of many parents.

'A lot of people fought to move to America to live freely, so that song should be sung with a whole lot of pride,' mom Luz Lozada told the New York Post.

It is not the first time that Hawkins, a Jehovas Witness, has tried to stamp down on the school's patriotic rituals.

A few years ago she tried to end the tradition of students reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing ‘America the Beautiful’.

Staff objected and she was forced to back down but it has been noted that she does not herself recite the pledge because of her religious beliefs.

She has in the past been called a tyrant and bully by staffers and was reprimanded in 2010 by the Department of Education after complaints arose that she had called the school racist.

‘I’m black. Your previous principal was white and Jewish. More of us are coming,’ she is alleged to have said.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

well jehovas witness's are freaking nuts.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

well jehovas witness's are freaking nuts.

kinda like the Christians eh?

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL!

BTW, I applaud this Principal, regardless of her own beliefs, I believe EVERY single public school, office, building should be 100% religion free.

It is NOT fair to sing "God bless the USA", fully knowing there are people that don't believe in god or might believe in OTHER gods.

This is why we have separation of church and state.....NO RELIGION in ANY public building...PERIOD!
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-10-2012 at 06:17 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

BTW....if anyone cares to know....just look at the "Classy" Comments on this article left by people who oppose the Principal's decision (No doubt religious persons):

"The principal should be arrested for treason."

"If you have a problem with God Bless America, then GET THE **** OUT OF AMERICA!!

"She should be roundly ashamed of herself"

"I just sent the school an email expressing my thought of this un American Principal. If you are sick of this garbage, do the same!!!"

"Fire her. She is not fit to make decisions about teaching our children in America. If she doesn't like it here, LEAVE."

"Enough of this CRAP...we have a choice in November to take our country back!!"

^AND even with all of this.....Christians believe THEY are the ones being persecuted.

It's ridiculous!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

nooooooo, im christain, jehovas witnesses beleifs are about as bad as mormons.

no holidays,no birthdays,no windows in their worship places. i had an aunt who was one.

plus they only think 144,000 are going to heaven or some crap like that

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

BTW....if anyone cares to know....just look at the "Classy" Comments on this article left by people who oppose the Principal's decision (No doubt religious persons):

"The principal should be arrested for treason."

"If you have a problem with God Bless America, then GET THE **** OUT OF AMERICA!!

"She should be roundly ashamed of herself"

"I just sent the school an email expressing my thought of this un American Principal. If you are sick of this garbage, do the same!!!"

"Fire her. She is not fit to make decisions about teaching our children in America. If she doesn't like it here, LEAVE."

"Enough of this CRAP...we have a choice in November to take our country back!!"

^AND even with all of this.....Christians believe THEY are the ones being persecuted.

It's ridiculous!

pretty much sums up my idea.

if u dont like it here,then get out.

mexicans do it all the time

SCF Rewards
    Country

pretty much sums up my idea.

if u dont like it here,then get out.

mexicans do it all the time

Yeah, that's why Mexico is so bad...

Instead of fixing their country they just abandon it.

It looks like you support the same thing!

I on the other hand, am willing to fight the good fight!

The U.S is doing so badly right now, but it's my HOME and I'm not going to "GET OUT" just because the people that are messing it up don't like it when there is opposition.

This is why I'm so open about my positions, and I hope any CLOSET Liberals/atheists/rationalists see my many posts and come out to defend rationality and logic!!

We can no longer afford to sit quiet, we have to fight back against religion and ignorance!
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-10-2012 at 07:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

kinda like the Canadians eh?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

lets not knock the religious people

at this age does a kid really know what the heck all this even means? it is just a song

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast