Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 spring training

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I sent to alot of guys that returned for others I just didnt send early enough I guess. Guys like Trout, Trumbo, Goldschmidt,Britton, Hellickson and Thome all signed just not for me. I sent all my cards around mid march and pitchers stopped signing by then I guess. Im hoping by sending in mud February that will fix some of the problem but the everyday players may still be low return rates. Im hoping to land several coaches as well from the 1987 Topps set, Billy Beane, Ron Washington, Bochy...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I live down the street from the Padres & Mariners facility so I will be doing my damage IP. Had a great year last year so hopefully can duplicate that success.

SCF Rewards
    Country

are you going to 50/50? If so I'd be intersested! Hultzen mainly

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got Hultzen twice last year. He's a very good signer both IP and ttm.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As always it depends on who you mail to. I can send and go 48 of 50. I take some risks along with the dependables though. I always suggest taking time to mail to some players who have a good track record that you might want. Should your team have a player who has signed well in the past and you do not have them for instance. I am a Reds fan and I definately will send to Billy Hatcher our 1st base coach. He is a great signer, usually does multiples and has cards out of him in a Reds uniform. Now that I have sent to Hatcher I may take a risk on a player or coach that is not as good or hit and miss. Paul Molitor is one of those risks for instance as a coach mailer. He has signed in the past, but by no means is a lock and is a RTS more often than not. Pick your battles on who to mail to. Should you select to send to only the All Star players from last year, you will have a crappy success rate. As always be sure to be polite, send something for them to sign and be sure you have included a self addressed envelope with the correct postage to get your items home to you!

BANNED

Country

As always it depends on who you mail to. I can send and go 48 of 50. I take some risks along with the dependables though. I always suggest taking time to mail to some players who have a good track record that you might want. Should your team have a player who has signed well in the past and you do not have them for instance. I am a Reds fan and I definately will send to Billy Hatcher our 1st base coach. He is a great signer, usually does multiples and has cards out of him in a Reds uniform. Now that I have sent to Hatcher I may take a risk on a player or coach that is not as good or hit and miss. Paul Molitor is one of those risks for instance as a coach mailer. He has signed in the past, but by no means is a lock and is a RTS more often than not. Pick your battles on who to mail to. Should you select to send to only the All Star players from last year, you will have a crappy success rate. As always be sure to be polite, send something for them to sign and be sure you have included a self addressed envelope with the correct postage to get your items home to you!

I always feel like once you send to all the regulars like Neshek and Doerr, there really didnt a lot of baseball ttm you can do. There a limited amount of player and I wish they all send ttm but they dont. I hope to get Derek Jeter ttm but I know there is a better chance for a monkey to fly than DJ ever signing another ttm. Pick your battles, I try to spread mine out. Sometimes I feel like it is waste of postage to send to guys like Pat Neshek, no disrespect to Pat but you get that feeling it is better to a chance with a all star.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So, you guys recomend sending to automatics but taking a few risks? Also for every risk I should send to an automatic? Thank you so much!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There are Stars who surprise every year. David Wright signed in 2011 and none in 2012. Rivera is hit and miss and Strasburg RTS'd me but signed for a few others. Im sending to Morse this year and he has a horrible return rate but I follow him on twitter and he took a pic of his fan mail this year so who knows. In years past Brandon Phillips has signed well but last year he didnt sign from what i saw. Votto, Kershaw have signed in the past but are really hit and miss. Trout was signing till he got swamped by all the fans, so who knows now. And Ichiro is reported to sign 100 cards per year from his fan mail.
    If you see they are signing and you try and send it usually to late. So make sure you send to same players you might really want. If they send Pre Prints they will likely not sign but you never know.
    Last edited by J_A_S_Z; 01-06-2013 at 07:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok thanks. I'm planning on sending to Trout. But otherwise I'm really not sure. So just gunna wing it probably.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I wont post it here, but if you go to the ST Success forum located in the success discussion forum, I had posted all the successes that were posted in that forum last year during the 2012 ST. There's a bunch of cool names on that list and about 50% that list that I didnt send to last year I will this year. But yeah, ST is always a fun time of the year cause it is cool to see who is signing. It's also good to follow the ST Success forum to see if somebody signed so you can send out a late letter. I found out Kipnis was signing late into the ST, hustled to get a letter out, and sure enough I have one of my favorite 8x10s signed. I realized later in the year I can get him almost at every home game...but looking back at 2012, I would say that was one of my favorite autos.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast