Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

Fake Game Used Jerseys Still Raising Questions

http://sportscardblog.net/2012/12/10...ing-questions/

3 months has gone by and we still haven't heard a drop. Have you forgotten or just ignored the issue?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Believe me, I know why people are upset over this but it does not bother me and I'll tell you why. I never cared whether it was an actual game used jersey or not. I buy cards because they depict the Packers not because some Packer player wore it or wore it in a game.

OK, actually that is not entirely true. There is a part of this that bothers me a great deal. That is the part where people misrepresented what they were selling. From the guy that sold the jerseys to the companies that bought them and put them in the cards. They lied to their customers and that is wrong and that bothers me. These guys should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

As for my cards not actually being game used however, I don't really care about that. Most of you probably do and I understand that I'm just telling you my view.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    bench(474)
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees
    My traders on Flickr

I have doubt than many GU items can truly be proven with any real provocation unless it is a current player who wears a jersey, the team (or company) takes it directly from the player and stores it in some sort of protective, tamper-resistant holding area until it is cut - you know, the whole chain of custody thing from a legal standpoint. The older jerseys and bats are anyones guess based on how they were used in the minor leagues after the seasons were over. Time and a lack of tracking, unless the item is directly from the player's family, show no way to really validate. Even the "pinstriping" used by industry experts is questionable. However, all that said, I have faith in some of the earlier products but recent years are somewhat more murky.

Dewayne

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have doubt than many GU items can truly be proven with any real provocation unless it is a current player who wears a jersey, the team (or company) takes it directly from the player and stores it in some sort of protective, tamper-resistant holding area until it is cut - you know, the whole chain of custody thing from a legal standpoint. The older jerseys and bats are anyones guess based on how they were used in the minor leagues after the seasons were over. Time and a lack of tracking, unless the item is directly from the player's family, show no way to really validate. Even the "pinstriping" used by industry experts is questionable. However, all that said, I have faith in some of the earlier products but recent years are somewhat more murky.

Dewayne

I totally agree. They just keep making jersey cards of Ruth along with all the others. It seems like they have a clothing warehouse for all of these guys. Do they have enough Ruth jerseys for the next twenty-five years?

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is exactly why I'm not into the whole GU craze. With an auto you can have a professional give an educated guess on weather the sig is real? How the hell can you tell if Babe Ruth wore a jersey or used a bat and the guy has been dead since 1948?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

There have been questionable game used cards inserted into packs as far back as 2001 and it has done very little to quell the demand for the cards. The problem is like other posters have said "How do you know Babe Ruth worn that?" You don't so you have to assume along the way that some stuff is not going to be authentic since companies like Topps rely on third party to authentic the memorabilia. The more steps along the way the more chance for errors and people passing off unauthentic stuff as legit to make an extra buck.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/