Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

Finally, someone said it. These boxes should NOT be selling for over $100, or even close. What the heck is the SRP on this stuff? The hobby IS over saturated. Let's face it, we're buying 13-14 Hockey product long after the season is over. This discussion has happened before, so I won't start it up again. Too many releases. UD is a company of less than 150 employees, should be able to pay everyone a decent salary with just 2 or 3 releases (per sport) each year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

$60 would be a fair price for a box of this stuff, not $100. I paid $96 per on my case way too much

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who has busted Sp Authentic Yet and Opinions?

My case is waiting for me at my office. I need to decide on whether or not I should break it or not. I paid $1,140 for my 12 box case. Not the best price or worst. Opinions on the overall value in the product. I have been moderately impressed with some breaks of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We all busted and ready to bust contenders tomorrow midnight...

Depends how much money that is to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

is anyone picking up a case of contenders?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (21)
    Country

You most likely bought the case to bust it... it's not 2005-06 The Cup, bust that sucker.
    You might not get your money back but it's a ton of fun. And to be honest the longer you sit on it the more likely prices on the cards will go down.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How bad can it be?

20 FWA's x $10 average = $200
    2-3 case hits = $150
    20 other autos = $250
    All the rest junk = $100 if lucky

So you should lose about $600 unless you hit mackinnon/orr/gretzky

Then you might only lose $200-$300
    Last edited by RGM81; 06-24-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Highly Inappropriate Comment Removed

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't understand how or why the resale value of FW Autos is even a conversation topic.

This isn't a new set. This set (SP Authentic) has been around since the 90s, and the current format (FW Auto's #'d /999) has been around since the early 2000s. The value of those cards, IMO, is as good as it's ever been.

Except, nobody should be kidding themselves as to what that value is:

The true star players, they will be $200 - $250 cards when the dust settles (see Stamkos). Crosby is a notch above everyone, so his pricing shouldn't even come into player here. The decent, but not hobby darlings... they'll settle into that $50-$100 range. There's another group that will likely end up in the middle ($150ish).

But with 999 copies, most of these cards will be found in $2 bins in two years time. That's how the set has always worked out. Why is anyone surprised that it's the case now?

As far as 999 being too many... the idea behind this set, is that it's limited enough to make them scarce (demand should be higher than supply) but not so limited that people can't build a set without taking on a second mortgage. If you want really limited RCs, this isn't the set to be buying. Ultimate will have about half the production run, and The Cup will certainly be the cream of the crop in that respect.

The problem with SPA isn't the FWAs, it's the price point & everything else. For $120+ - There shouldn't be a box that doesn't contain at least a single card worth $25, and that isn't the case here... because (like most of their products) UD stuff it with a bunch of filler content.

I completely agree.

I busted 2 boxes and I probably ended up with about 80 dollars back with the cards I pulled.
    I was considering going back and testing my luck again at a few card stores around me and the prices per box were ridiculous. One stores was asking 145 dollars + taxes, another store I went to was selling them 3 packs for 25$ and 150 dollars + taxes per box. I saw those prices and could not justify spending the money.

Sure I've seen a few people hit some really nice cards but I just couldn't believe the mark up per box after only 2-3 days of the release.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am not sure where you shopping for your wax. I picked up mine for $95 per box in my case. Still not cheap but not $150.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i could name them but i don't want to trash reputations. they are just store in the greater toronto area which means add on 13 % sales tax

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast