Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

My last post will leave one more question...

Why make MINT mockups of some cards (ie Richard), but show a VEZINA rookie that is pretty beat up??? If you are making mockups to just show the cards you are able to grab, why not show a MINT Vezina to go along with it?

For THIS is one of the reasons that led me to believe these were REAL cards an not mockups, because I understand if all cards were 100% mint then likely not actual cards... But why the beat up vezina? My guess is to make the card more believable that it's actually in the product... But that's just speculation.

Brian, I am 100% and ITG supporter and have never said a bad thing about your products, but I feel ITG deserved to be called out in this case.

Cheers
    Dave

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The comment above from Marko demonstrates the impact that a comment, no matter how ill-informed or outright intended to deceive, can have on a person. One should always consider the source and ask themselves what the person's intentions are when they go out of their way to appear in every thread about a company's product to attempt to skew the discussion in a negative manner and have commentary shut down.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have sent a PM to Marko as he is a customer/collector impacted by Jonpop's comments.

We have yet to hear back from Jonpop about his personally viewing of cards at the Expo.

Did he actually see them or was this an attempt to cause more controversy but posting an outright lie.

I am waiting for confirmation that Jonpop was at the Fall Expo and saw the cards he posted that were on display and then substituted out in the packaging.

I know that I am held accountable for statements made, I am not putting Jonpop up to a higher standard than that.

Brian Price

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

We have yet to hear back from Jonpop about his personally viewing of cards at the Expo.

Did he actually see them or was this an attempt to cause more controversy but posting an outright lie.

I am waiting for confirmation that Jonpop was at the Fall Expo and saw the cards he posted that were on display and then substituted out in the packaging.

I know that I am held accountable for statements made, I am not putting Jonpop up to a higher standard than that.

Brian Price

Jonpop you always have lots to say about our products, let's hear exactly what you saw at the Expo.

Brian Price

Well he been on the site today at 11:31 according to his time stamp in his profile.

If you like the product buy it, if you don't do not. Every product or company will not be for everyone. Just be fair in your praise or bias if your going to share your views. Nothing like have some facts when giving a informative response.

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 12-31-2012 at 06:38 PM.

BANNED

Country
    See jesiahj's Items on eBay

Everyone should take jonpop's comments with a serious grain of salt. The guy has a serious hate on for ITG. You'd swear he's an ex disgruntled employee or just simply works for UD.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Everyone should take jonpop's comments with a serious grain of salt. The guy has a serious hate on for ITG. You'd swear he's an ex disgruntled employee or just simply works for UD.

+1

Why people even bother replying to him at this point is beyond me.

General rule of thumb, if theres a new ITG thread posted no matter what the thread is about you can expect a jonpon hate comment sooner or later.

Its a shame too, We have a major card company willing to take the time to communicate with us and yet we always get somebody who has to voice their displeasure and cause nothing but misguided trouble.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

After reading all the comments I thought I'd throw my 2 bit in. To be clear I am an investor with a high standard of ethics and a working knowledge of marketing. Having a mint Vezina for your mockup up was definitely a mistake. That card was a huge draw for collectors that are paying a lot of money to open cases/boxes, everyone wants the "big hit." Having the card at expo on display is great for promotion, yet your looking at a small fraction of the purchasing population physically seeing the card. I saw a picture of the mock-up at a LCS and "assumed" that would be the card. It was an honest misunderstanding. Unfortunately in my business, along with most that costs you money since it could leave a negative image.
    Drawing comparisons to pictures of big macs or problems with other card companies doesn't solve the issue, it's just a defense mechanism towards ITG. The issue lies between Dr Price and his customers overall satisfaction with his current product. That is what will determine the ongoing success of his business. "Here Ye on a Poll!"
    My collection has a small portion of ITG products which I will give a 10/10 for innovation. I am a rookie collector thus a rock has been placed in an unwanted place!
    Last edited by notoriousrob101; 01-01-2013 at 05:45 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why does Brian Price misinterpret every critique of ITG as a personal attack on him? When someone bashes UD or Panini, nobody says anything. However, when someone fairly critisizes an ITG product as a consumer, Cry-Baby-Price comes on the boards and cries fowl over the people who critique his product. What I find even more disturbing are the puppets and supposedly "impartial" mods who block consumer comments and muzzle members who Brian Price does not see eye-to-eye with. It's happened to me in the past. I voiced a customer service concern with ITG and Brian Price had my thread shut down.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

Why does Brian Price misinterpret every critique of ITG as a personal attack on him? When someone bashes UD or Panini, nobody says anything. However, when someone fairly critisizes an ITG product as a consumer, Cry-Baby-Price comes on the boards and cries fowl over the people who critique his product. What I find even more disturbing are the puppets and supposedly "impartial" mods who block consumer comments and muzzle members who Brian Price does not see eye-to-eye with. It's happened to me in the past. I voiced a customer service concern with ITG and Brian Price had my thread shut down.

IT'S ABOUT TELLING LIES TO DAMAGE ITG.
    Brian Price has every right to be upset, if someone is trying to damage his company by telling lies.
    Maybe he could even get this to a court, if he wanted to ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had an issue with ITG CS dept as well and posted it on these boards. Dr. Price decided to "help" me out and get involved to try and find a solution. Instead of just taking care of it (which was the easiest route) Price turned it into something else entirely that didn't help, or have anything to do with, the initial problem at all. Now I don't have nor will I ever have any ITG products or singles. Hard to believe there are companies struggling to survive in this day and age when they treat paying customers so well huh?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast