Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Mets Boise State Broncos Syracuse Orange
    Twitter: @jrlebert See jean.ramon's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Beautiful cards so far, for the most part. I think mine are waiting for me at the PO, so I'll head there manana to check them out!

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Beautiful cards so far, for the most part. I think mine are waiting for me at the PO, so I'll head there manana to check them out!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

OK, so I got my cards from the post office this morning. Everything came in safe & sound, but I still have some questions about the one card of mine that came back as having a shaved edge. I brought home my printers glass from work as I really wanted to take a close look at this card & just as I thought, I can't see anything wrong with the edge that they say was shaved! How do I go about disputing this with Beckett?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @jrlebert See jean.ramon's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Got my cards back as well! Really excited about a bunch of them. Some others... not so much, but I took a shot on a few, so oh well. I, too, have a card that came back shaved, but the thing is, I pulled it from a pack 12 years ago, and it's just sat in a top loader. So... what gives BGS? I'll make sure I scan some in ASAP, and a bunch of the stuff from the sub will be for sale, too.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

OK, so I got my cards from the post office this morning. Everything came in safe & sound, but I still have some questions about the one card of mine that came back as having a shaved edge. I brought home my printers glass from work as I really wanted to take a close look at this card & just as I thought, I can't see anything wrong with the edge that they say was shaved! How do I go about disputing this with Beckett?

Got my cards back as well! Really excited about a bunch of them. Some others... not so much, but I took a shot on a few, so oh well. I, too, have a card that came back shaved, but the thing is, I pulled it from a pack 12 years ago, and it's just sat in a top loader. So... what gives BGS? I'll make sure I scan some in ASAP, and a bunch of the stuff from the sub will be for sale, too.

Get me the card details from the first post for the cards you have question on and send it to me via PM. My guess as this could be the way they were cut when they were manufactured? But I can forward along and see what the process is for questioning the grade. My guess with that would be if it went back in and they came to the same conclusion there would be the same per card price, but I'll find out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rbdawg85's Items on eBay

Same here about two cards I got back... may I send you the details as well?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What does shaved edge mean?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

What does shaved edge mean?

A shaved edge would be slightly rough. This can be caused by the card being the bottom one in the stack of sheets when they are being cut when the knife is either starting to go dull, or the blade is hitting too hard into the cutting stick on the flatbed trimmer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

how much does a grade like an 8 or 8.5 hurt the value of a card?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So at first I was a little disappointed with about 15 of the cards I got back... a little lower than I had hoped/expected. After looking through the Pop Report, I am definitely a LOT happier with things. Many of the cards I was unhappy with were still either the highest graded or the only one on the Pop Report, so that was good.

I definitely cannot complain, however, when 17 of my cards came back with 9.5's, and I received my first ever PRISTINE 10! Definitely a fun submission. I have divided them into 5 categories for you all to enjoy:

First, a set I am working on in BGS 9.5 form... 2004 Topps Chrome Presidential First Pitch Seat Relics, a 16 card set. According to Topps, there are 100 made of each card, and I want one of each in BGS 9.5. I already own the POP 1 John F. Kennedy BGS 9.5, and I figured I would send in the others that I have to see how they did. Well... I hit it BIG. I only scanned one, but I got back all but two in 9.5. A little disappointed with the Woodrow Wilson coming back a 9, but...

Clinton, 9.5, POP 1.
    FDR, 9.5, POP 2.
    Ford, 9.5, POP 1.
    G.H.W. Bush, 9.5, POP 3.
    LBJ, 9.5, POP 2.
    Nixon, 9.5, POP 1.
    Taft, 9.5, POP 1.

And this...

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 LastLast