Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Tapouttazz9's Items on eBay

Do you think people are sending you fair offers ?

I'm getting so sick of people who send the most insane trade proposals ... I don't no how everyone else looks at this but just because a cards a 1/1 don't mean it's worth a lot of money. Ill take a card /5 that looks great and has good players anyway over a 1/1 that looks average at best of small name players how do you see this!!! I'm just can't stand the stupid offers people are sending me for high high end cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Please dont take offense to this, I do feel some of your values are very fair .... while on the other hand, some of your values are way out to lunch.

I dont doubt that many people have given you ridiculous offers, as we all get them and most of us can tell you who you got them from .....

Just filter out the weeds, if you dont like an offer or the value someone has on their cards just say thanks and pass. In the end .... your cards, your value .... their cards, their value
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some guys are great and very easy to deal with and others are complete slime balls. I feel like on the whole, the community will offer more good fair deals than low balls. That's how it's possible for guys on here to have done 400+ deals. I, personally, very much like our community and feel that for the most part there are a lot of really good people here.

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Tapouttazz9's Items on eBay

What values are u referring to

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

I think it depends on how someone values a card. Some people pay a higher premium for 1/1's, some find it negligible, some look for aesthetic value, some hunt for specific players, some will pay more to finish a master set... etc.

All in all, if you don't like a trade offer, it's best to respond saying what you'd like instead and put the ball in their hands. I'm sure we've all gotten offers that we'd shake our heads at. I know I'm not perfect either, I've made a couple foolish offers on here (Once offered 28 on an $80 Price card... didn't do my research properly!). Never meant to offend the seller, just didn't search Ebay correctly and obtained different values.

Overall, my experience here has been excellent and some members who have made a "bad" offer to me are ones I've dealt with on other deals without a problem. It's all about finding common ground. Try not to let it get to you though, there's tons of great members around here and I'm sure you'll weed out who you don't work well with.

Btw, Paul Kariya is awesome. I have a pretty decent collection of his cards, and even wrote him a letter as a kid and got a response with 3 TTM on card autographs. Very cool.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I has experienced a big increasing numbers of "impossible" to dealing buyers/sellers since last year.
    More and more appears to wanting to that everything will be for their favor, even if their card/cards is/are nowhere near to
    valuable as my card/cards/offer.

$200-$225 offer isn't enough anymore nowadays for a $50-$80 card even if the owner doesn't collects the player, they want so
    much in return so that's insane! Or what about of a hefty price tag at +$500 for a card which the seller won for +10 times lesser (I have a proof) is just plain ridiculously. Because many KNOWS that we WANTS them and is DESPERATE to get those cards because they're so rare.
    So they'll "helding the card as hostage" until we gives up and accepting to paying their thefty prices....

But the funniest part is that they ineed gets furious if we don't accpets their offers to buy our card/cards for a very very very low price like $.50 for a $20-$30 card or for free like a member here who almost tried to convince me to sending him a high-end RC of mine to him almost for free, soo now who's the most unreasonable here? Spoiled brats!

Of course there are still many great buyer/sellers but not as many they should be anymore...

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I got into an arm wrestle the other day with a member wanting .50 cents to $1.00 more than Book Value for cards that are only Booking at $1.50 to begin with.

Of course I am the one that comes off looking like cheapskate, but these were not Orr Rookies with a PSA Grade of 9. They were $1.50 cards that collectors are ambivalent about, or don't give a damn about.

I have said this many times on here before. 10 collectors all have a copy of a $5.00 Card. Everyone of the sellers wants from .50 cents to $1.50 for their copy, and one guys wants $8.00 for his because it's his

Happens all the time

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd sadly coming to the conclusion that it's not productive to work on most trades/sales (moreso sales) on this or other collecting Boards. I'm routinely able to get better prices by buying/selling on ebay...even AFTER ebay/paypal fees are taken into account on my sales. Most of the people I deal with want "better than ebay" pricing and even better than ebay after subtracting the ebay/paypal fees. So in other words, if they don't get a "great deal" it's not something they're interested in. When it comes to trades, it's easier/cheaper for me to sell my card(s) on ebay, then buy what I want on ebay. Perhaps I'm dealing with too many "resellers"...or perhaps I'm becoming jaded with the "I've got $10 (or $25 or $50 or $100 or whatever amount) paypal to spend for the best offer on XXXX, so send me your offers" posts where people want you to search out cards, scan cards, lay them at their doorstep, figure out a price(s)...then won't touch them unless it's a "great deal" in their favour. Sigh. It's OK to want a fair price but when someone on the other side starts with the expectation they have to get less than market price or it's a "no go" then it's a complete waste of time for me to try and strike a trade/sale with that person.

Perhaps it's a sign of the poor economy that we're now recovering from: some people were desperate for money so vultures wanting to cash in on them took advantage of their precarious financial circumstances and took their cards for way too cheap...and those same vultures now have the expectation they'll continue to score exceptional deals...

I remember a past deal where I contacted a member about a high-end grouping of Cup cards in his photobucket...and offered him a price. His reaction: "FINALLY, a fair offer." We made the deal and he went on to express his displeasure at how hard it was to strike a deal. That was a couple years ago and after repeated similar experiences since then, I now share his view. One reason it worked well between him and I, was that I was collecting for my PC AND not looking to resell...AND I wasn't looking to gouge him...AND I was expecting to pay a fair price.

A sad commentary on this hobby...

SCF Rewards
    Country

What bugs me is the lack of negotiation when it comes to trades on this site, sometimes the first offer is perfect, other times the deal needs some tweaking. But that's what it's about, you make an offer, I counter, etc etc. Most of the time I just never hear back from the guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this post captures it perfectly. I am still able to move lots of my lower-end stuff on hobby sites, but high-end is almost always easier with Ebay. When I sell stuff here, I try my best to price it well and I have had good experiences with it so far.

There are some regulars with whom I do repeated business on high-end cards, but outside of that small circle I find it tough. For the most part, I buy from repeat sellers on the hobby sites, or on Ebay. I bought a nice Gagner Cup rookie from Josh (high_end_stuff) last week, and I was surprised how easily the whole deal went because I'm not used to that.

I also find that the problem seems to have worsened since the lockout.

I'd sadly coming to the conclusion that it's not productive to work on most trades/sales (moreso sales) on this or other collecting Boards. I'm routinely able to get better prices by buying/selling on ebay...even AFTER ebay/paypal fees are taken into account on my sales. Most of the people I deal with want "better than ebay" pricing and even better than ebay after subtracting the ebay/paypal fees. So in other words, if they don't get a "great deal" it's not something they're interested in. When it comes to trades, it's easier/cheaper for me to sell my card(s) on ebay, then buy what I want on ebay. Perhaps I'm dealing with too many "resellers"...or perhaps I'm becoming jaded with the "I've got $10 (or $25 or $50 or $100 or whatever amount) paypal to spend for the best offer on XXXX, so send me your offers" posts where people want you to search out cards, scan cards, lay them at their doorstep, figure out a price(s)...then won't touch them unless it's a "great deal" in their favour. Sigh. It's OK to want a fair price but when someone on the other side starts with the expectation they have to get less than market price or it's a "no go" then it's a complete waste of time for me to try and strike a trade/sale with that person.

Perhaps it's a sign of the poor economy that we're now recovering from: some people were desperate for money so vultures wanting to cash in on them took advantage of their precarious financial circumstances and took their cards for way too cheap...and those same vultures now have the expectation they'll continue to score exceptional deals...

I remember a past deal where I contacted a member about a high-end grouping of Cup cards in his photobucket...and offered him a price. His reaction: "FINALLY, a fair offer." We made the deal and he went on to express his displeasure at how hard it was to strike a deal. That was a couple years ago and after repeated similar experiences since then, I now share his view. One reason it worked well between him and I, was that I was collecting for my PC AND not looking to resell...AND I wasn't looking to gouge him...AND I was expecting to pay a fair price.

A sad commentary on this hobby...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast