Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozzie Guillen

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Ozzie Guillen

Ozzie was suspended 5 games by baseball for his comments supporting Fidel Castro. Castro is an unpopular politician just like a bunch of other unpopular politions. My question is how come it is ok to suspend Ozzie over his castro remarks but if someone made comments supporting bush, or any republican canidate no one would give it a second thought.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...QN8S_blog.html
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Ozzie was suspended 5 games by baseball for his comments supporting Fidel Castro. Castro is an unpopular politician just like a bunch of other unpopular politions. My question is how come it is ok to suspend Ozzie over his castro remarks but if someone made comments supporting bush, or any republican canidate no one would give it a second thought.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...QN8S_blog.html

I think that goes beyond support of republicans. If Ozzie would have said something in support of Biden/Obama, etc on the Democratic side, he would have been met with equal nonchalant-ness.

I think the reason that he's being lambasted for it (aside from it being a remarkably stupid thing to say), is that the US has historically had a hostile relationship with Castro's Cuba. Thought that disdain (politically) has numbed and faded over time, any pro-Castro sentiment in this country is often met with anger and outrage.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I think that goes beyond support of republicans. If Ozzie would have said something in support of Biden/Obama, etc on the Democratic side, he would have been met with equal nonchalant-ness.

I think the reason that he's being lambasted for it (aside from it being a remarkably stupid thing to say), is that the US has historically had a hostile relationship with Castro's Cuba. Thought that disdain (politically) has numbed and faded over time, any pro-Castro sentiment in this country is often met with anger and outrage.

American hyprocricy at it's finest. SMH.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

American hyprocricy at it's finest. SMH.

I'm kind of middle of the road on Castro. I don't think he was this horrible, murderous dictator or anything. But his human rights violations are decently documented.

(P.S- I've never bought into the theory that he had something to do with JFK's death)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its really not that difficult to understand. Guillen coaches the Miami Marlins. Miami is a stones through from Cuba. A lot of people who are fans of the Marlins are more familiar to a personal degree with Castro and his actions then some of us will ever be. If you make stupid comments like this which might cost your owner a large amount if sales revenue you can expect to be suspended. Personally I think he is a good manager, but needs to keep his mouth shut. I have disliked him for quite some time and his childish actions got annoying a long time ago. As I heard on espn today it would be similar to if one of the NY teams' coaches said something similar about Bin Laden. Also to call him just an unpopular politician is sort of sugar coating it just a tad don't you think?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I think it's different than if he had just commented about a president or politician from the U.S. Marge Schott was suspended like a year or something because she said hitler started off with good ideas but took it too far, which is completely absurd. lol

I think the bottom line for the suspension is simply about cash. The Marlins suspended him because of where they are and who is part of their fan base and they want to show that they didn't approve of his comments. I also think Ozzie's apology today was a complete joke and basically a non apology for the most part. Blaming the issue even partly on translation is insulting and way more offensive than the fact that he said he liked and respected Castro.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    SCFreaks (20)
    Country

Our government is teaching Ozzie how to blame everyone for his mistakes.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

He was suspended because the organization had to somewhat cave in to the fans. That's the only reason.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

He should never have been suspended, he is allowed to voice his opinion, MLB should be ashamed of their actions and should apologize to Ozzie for their ignorance

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

He should never have been suspended, he is allowed to voice his opinion, MLB should be ashamed of their actions and should apologize to Ozzie for their ignorance

Marlins suspended Ozzie, not MLB.........

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast