Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Samsdad IP thread

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

If you have any opportunity to see Don Sutton again, shoot me a PM. I need a dual signed item finished by him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you have any opportunity to see Don Sutton again, shoot me a PM. I need a dual signed item finished by him.

If he is coming back, he should participate in Caravan in late January, early Feburary. I will let you know as soon as I hear.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I failed to put up that we did the Brian McCann foundation rally softball game earlier this moth. Came away BIG:
    Brian McCann- 3/3 2012 Topps, 09 Allen & Ginter, 2012 Team Ball that we have pretty much completed at this point.
    Chipper 2/2- 2 logo balls from his tribute weekend, one sweet spot one under the logo. Sweet spot available via trade.
    Sam Wyche- 1/1- 8x10 of him with Bill Walsh from '89 Super Bowl. He was very gracious and lamented that I will not get Walsh to sign it as he has pased. He dated it 1-22-89 for me with me asking. Too cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Washingtn Wizards at Atlanta Hawks
    Phillips Arena
    Nov 21, 2012

Our first attempt at Graphing a Basketball game, we went to the Hawks/Pacers earlier in the season and scouted out the process and figured out where we want to be and what we can get signed. All gotten during shoot around where there are two sets of numbers, I got one of them as Sam gave me extras he had.

Chris Singleton: 1/1, 1/1 Prestige Rookies
    Jordan crawford 1/1, 1/2- 12-13 Prestige
    Shawn Livingston 1/1 04-05(?) Upper deck rookie class
    Nene 1/2, 1/2- 12-13 prestige, 10-11 Past & Present.
    Bradley Beal- 1/1, 1/1- 8X10 Group photo of 6 prep stars, we are going to try to get a few guys from this like Rivers, Davis, and MKG. this was one of our two priorties tonight.
    Emeka Okafor 1/2, 0/2- He walked up the same time as John wall and that was our priorty, so we lost out ont he former player of the year.
    John wall 1/2, 1/2- was out when we got there and was last one in and then came over, very pleased to have gotten him although the sharpies were not great.

Missed:
    Kevin Seraphin- had nothing for him
    Martel webster- did not realize it was him due to his beard
    Danny ferry- had nothing for him as we were focused on wizards.

Overall, we did well, the process was under 45 minutes, much quicker than a baseball game. probably 10 graphers there, mostly kids, so that made it much more pleasant. we will do it a couplemore times this season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Charlotte Bobcats v Atlanta Hawks
    Phillips Arena
    Wed Nov 28 2012

Arrived as gates opened at 6:00 , we were the first to head to the Hornets side. Ben Gordon was out as was Reggie Williams. We recognized Gordon but not Williams. Few palyers straggled out here and there. We did not know a couple but got some help including from Ben Gordon who pointed out Hakim Warrick to us. Every player we spoke to was very nice.

Brendon Haywood 2/2, 2/2- He told us he would sign after warmups and he did. '02 Heritage, '09 Panina XL, 06 UD, 09 UD
    DeSagana Diop 1/1- Came in with Haywood -'09 Topps
    Hakim Warrick- 1/2, 1/1- '08 UD, '09 Topps I asked him what he thought about Syracuse moving to the ACC he said he could not beleive they did that and shook is head.
    Ben Gordon- 1/1, 1/1- '09 Fleer, '07 Topps Stadium Club
    Ramon Sessions 1/1 '10-11 Donruss Picture with Sam
    Byron ( BJ) Mullens 1/1 '11 Nba Hoops. Picture with Sam

then a card collector who was with wanted to get Dell curry so bad, he asked Sam to get him over since he is a kid and he would give Sam a card. Of course, it worked out so Sam got a '93 Topps signed. He was very nice.

No sign of MGK or Kemba for the shoot around, I can't imagine what time they are coming out and wariming up if we did not even see them 90 minutes before the game. Thomas and Henderson did not play or warm up . We were on Hawks side and could not see if they sat onteh bench in street clothes.

Michael Irvin and Deoin Sanders were there for a promo of NFL network for Falcons Saints but they did not sign for a buddy of ours. Not sure if anyone got them at someother point.

We did get two t shirts and a mini logo ball. Pretty sparse crowd overall. Might try to do this a couple more times.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SEC Fanfare
    Georgia World Congress Center
    Sat Dec 1 2012

This event is done annually and we had been told there are great opportunities for graphs at this thing. The lineup while not stellar, was solid with a mix of HOF, legends and the hope that some big names might show up. We scanned the place early and found where Julio Jones would be signing, the legends area which would include 1957 Heisman Trophy winner John David Crow and saw a spot where some players we were going to miss thier scheduled times at the Legends area were making a second appearance.
    Got back at 12:00 to line up for the Julio Jones signing at chaos ensued. Place was PACKED, the Julio Jones line was already 100+, all the corporate tents were were so loud , that we could not hear each other to set strategy. Julio ran super late, did not start until 1:45, which screwed us out of Gene Stallings and a few others we would have picked up. Then it got worse, they announced at 1:45 that Julio was not signing any items except thier picture, unlike previous announcements that i was a one per of any item. AAAARGH.

SEC Legends:
    Peerless Price 2/0- Really nice poster of the legends that were honered there this year. He was Tennessee's rep
    Hunter Hillenmyer- 2/0- Vandy's honoree on the same poster
    Ko Simpson 2/0- South Carolina's rep
    Paul Crane- 1/0- Alabama's Rep- They were doing one per and the lady would not let me and my daughter get two as it was chaos at this pont and I was focused on John David Crow next to him
    John David Crow- 1/5- We had 2 8X10's, the 2 posters and a card, we got the card signed, it was for someone else that traded us a Alabama 13 mini helmet for it. Then we got one of the 8X10's signed, he tried one spot and it did not look goodI so he signed the top, so we have a B&W signed by hin with an extra J. Did not get a Heisman inscription as I could not be heard. So frustrating
    Glyn Griffith- 2/2 Mississippi rep on the poster
    Boss Bailey 2/2- AT&T Picture one inscribed to my daughter
    Julio Jones 0/4, 3/3- At&T photo of him in Alabama jersey. Nice picture I have to admit, but not what we came for

All in all, I will be better prepared for these things in the future, as there were alot of opportunities to be had
    We missed:
    Kevin Mawae
    Al Del Greco
    James Owens
    Pat Summerall
    Sonny Collins
    David Greene
    Johnny Roland
    Steve Tannen
    Walt Harris
    Gene Stallings
    Antonio Langham
    Vince Dooley
    Kordell Stewart
    Kevin Butler
    Lindsay Scott
    Matt Robinson

Got a few extra posters both signed and unsinged in any SEC fans are interested in trading

BANNED

Country

SEC Fanfare
    Georgia World Congress Center
    Sat Dec 1 2012

This event is done annually and we had been told there are great opportunities for graphs at this thing. The lineup while not stellar, was solid with a mix of HOF, legends and the hope that some big names might show up. We scanned the place early and found where Julio Jones would be signing, the legends area which would include 1957 Heisman Trophy winner John David Crow and saw a spot where some players we were going to miss thier scheduled times at the Legends area were making a second appearance.
    Got back at 12:00 to line up for the Julio Jones signing at chaos ensued. Place was PACKED, the Julio Jones line was already 100+, all the corporate tents were were so loud , that we could not hear each other to set strategy. Julio ran super late, did not start until 1:45, which screwed us out of Gene Stallings and a few others we would have picked up. Then it got worse, they announced at 1:45 that Julio was not signing any items except thier picture, unlike previous announcements that i was a one per of any item. AAAARGH.

SEC Legends:
    Peerless Price 2/0- Really nice poster of the legends that were honered there this year. He was Tennessee's rep
    Hunter Hillenmyer- 2/0- Vandy's honoree on the same poster
    Ko Simpson 2/0- South Carolina's rep
    Paul Crane- 1/0- Alabama's Rep- They were doing one per and the lady would not let me and my daughter get two as it was chaos at this pont and I was focused on John David Crow next to him
    John David Crow- 1/5- We had 2 8X10's, the 2 posters and a card, we got the card signed, it was for someone else that traded us a Alabama 13 mini helmet for it. Then we got one of the 8X10's signed, he tried one spot and it did not look goodI so he signed the top, so we have a B&W signed by hin with an extra J. Did not get a Heisman inscription as I could not be heard. So frustrating
    Glyn Griffith- 2/2 Mississippi rep on the poster
    Boss Bailey 2/2- AT&T Picture one inscribed to my daughter
    Julio Jones 0/4, 3/3- At&T photo of him in Alabama jersey. Nice picture I have to admit, but not what we came for

All in all, I will be better prepared for these things in the future, as there were alot of opportunities to be had
    We missed:
    Kevin Mawae
    Al Del Greco
    James Owens
    Pat Summerall
    Sonny Collins
    David Greene
    Johnny Roland
    Steve Tannen
    Walt Harris
    Gene Stallings
    Antonio Langham
    Vince Dooley
    Kordell Stewart
    Kevin Butler
    Lindsay Scott
    Matt Robinson

Got a few extra posters both signed and unsinged in any SEC fans are interested in trading

Sounds like a poorly run event. That's too bad. Sounds like you guys still did alright. Probably wish ya would of done better though, huh? Nice stuff, though. This has been a fun thread to follow!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks autofreak2842. I read and enjoy your thread as well. It was kinda typical of the year we have had in learning for Sam and relearning for me the ropes of autograph chasing. The final four is here in March and If this event was any indication , we will have alot of opportunity but we need to free up enough time to make it work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What are the posters like? Are they specific to one team?

BANNED

Country

Thanks autofreak2842. I read and enjoy your thread as well. It was kinda typical of the year we have had in learning for Sam and relearning for me the ropes of autograph chasing. The final four is here in March and If this event was any indication , we will have alot of opportunity but we need to free up enough time to make it work.

Not sure how much different security and stuff will be. But I went to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in Phoenix this past March and made a killing. I went to the open practices and got easy pickings. Tom Izzo, Billy Donavan, Peyton Siva, Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, as well as a couple NBA legends in Reggie Miller and Magic Johnson. I'm sure you guys will do well if you guys try the Final 4. I'm hoping to go to it in 2014 when it's in Dallas.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast