Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Atheist Summer Camp is heaven on earth for non believers

Now before ya'll come down on me I'm just repeating the title. Also what is the deal with this? The parents of these kids don't believe in God. I support, defend and respect your decision to be an atheist. However aren't you doing the same thing that you complain about theists doing? You complain about theist indoctrinating their kids into religion and you turn around and try to indoctrinate your kids into atheism. Let your kids grow and learn. When they become adults let them have a brain of their own and chose the religion (or atheism) that they want to follow.

http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-summer...opstories.html
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

From the description of the camp in the article, it sounds like it is all about growing, thinking and learning. Sounds like Heaven on Earth to me too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

From the description of the camp in the article, it sounds like it is all about growing, thinking and learning. Sounds like Heaven on Earth to me too.

I have no legal issues with this my only qualm is that this is clearly done to compete with other "religions". My question is if atheism is not a religion why do some atheists want to act like it is?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have no legal issues with this my only qualm is that this is clearly done to compete with other "religions". My question is if atheism is not a religion why do some atheists want to act like it is?

I find the majority treat it like a religion. Bill Maher is their leader.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

It is not competing with religion. Religions REQUIRE you to FOLLOW their teachings. Atheism doesn't require anything from anyone. Atheism PROMOTES free-thinking. It PROMOTES believing what you want to believe based on YOUR OWN conclusions.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It is not competing with religion. Religions REQUIRE you to FOLLOW their teachings. Atheism doesn't require anything from anyone. Atheism PROMOTES free-thinking. It PROMOTES believing what you want to believe based on YOUR OWN conclusions.

As long as that conclusion is "there is no God"

Note: I'm not talking about atheism itself, but rather the seeming majority of atheists.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's all fine and dandy but some atheists (not you per se but I do know of some who are just as pushy as christians) will read you the riot act if you tell them that you are converting to a religion from atheism. That is no different that a christian telling you that you will go to hell for not believing. I'm not sure how that is free thinking.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

As long as that conclusion is "there is no God"

Note: I'm not talking about atheism itself, but rather the seeming majority of atheists.

Well if your free-thinking arrives at a conclusion that there is a God. You are no longer an atheist. That afterall, is the definition of atheism.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

That's all fine and dandy but some atheists (not you per se but I do know of some who are just as pushy as christians) will read you the riot act if you tell them that you are converting to a religion from atheism. That is no different that a christian telling you that you will go to hell for not believing. I'm not sure how that is free thinking.

Anyone can push their opinion, that doesn't make them a religion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well if your free-thinking arrives at a conclusion that there is a God. You are no longer an atheist. That afterall, is the definition of atheism.

So it is not really about free thinking because you only have the freedom to come up with one conclusion. Wow you atheists are becoming just as bad as conservative christians.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast