Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Just read this an attached it to the old post here.

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.
    Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.
    Zimmerman has been charged with second-degree murder, but he says he fired in self defense after the 17-year-old attacked him.
    In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.
    “It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.
    Benjamin Crump, the Martins' attorney, had “no comment on that subject," he told The Orlando Sentinel.
    The document released from the settlement has eliminated the specific amount of the settlement, as well as the names of the parties and people making payment.
    The homeowners association president did not return the newspaper’s calls seeking comment on the amount.
    Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.
    A hearing in which Zimmerman will argue he was acting in self-defense is scheduled for April. The judge has said that hearing will be at least 45 days before the trial. The settlement will not affect the criminal case.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

No amount of money will compensate a parent of a murdered child.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So this guy hasn't been found guilty in criminal court, but he settled in civil court for a large amount...

I wonder how all the people who are convinced he's innocent but think similar behaviour is proof of OJ Simpson's and Michael Jackson's guilt feel about this...

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I just want to clarify, so this isn't going to trial?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

The civil case is settled. There will still be a criminal case, that scumbag zimmerman will be found guilty and he will be get a taste of jailhouse justice. They don't take too kindly to child killers in the slammer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

It is odd the civil case was settled first.Not common practice.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The civil case is settled. There will still be a criminal case, that scumbag zimmerman will be found guilty and he will be get a taste of jailhouse justice. They don't take too kindly to child killers in the slammer.

Just thinking of basic case outlines, I actually see a really good chance of him being found not guilty.
    Ultimately though, this guy does seem to be a coward and will likely plead down to a lesser charge than he faces in trial.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just thinking of basic case outlines, I actually see a really good chance of him being found not guilty. The way our screwed up justice system is it wont be a first time that a cold blooded killer got a way with murder.
    Ultimately though, this guy does seem to be a coward and will likely plead down to a lesser charge than he faces in trial. I sure hope so. I just want him to go to jail. Justice will be served once he gets sent upstate.

responses in bold.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So this guy hasn't been found guilty in criminal court, but he settled in civil court for a large amount...

I wonder how all the people who are convinced he's innocent but think similar behaviour is proof of OJ Simpson's and Michael Jackson's guilt feel about this...

You guys have this all screwed up. Zimmerman did not settle a civil case. The homeowners association where he was part of the community watch group settled. Martin's family sued someone that had nothing to do with the shooting. But of course, it's not about money at all is it?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Not really. This is only one of several civil cases that will probably be filed. There will no doubt be a case filed against Zimmerman when he is found not guilty.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast