Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kdawgy80's Items on eBay

PMG (Precious Metal Gems) especially the greens in basketball lands from the 96 set I believe it was still command insane top dollar. If I remember correctly both mr jordan and mr bryant will set you back in the 5 figure range while even guys like mr rodman will cost you like 2-3k. Given that the gretzky is question is currently cheaper than the dennis rodman would be in basketball, that's not too bad.

Wow I didn't know that, those are some crazy numbers. I wouldn't ever spend that much on something that's not signed or piece of authentic, but that's me. To each his own.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow I didn't know that, those are some crazy numbers. I wouldn't ever spend that much on something that's not signed or piece of authentic, but that's me. To each his own.

Beckett had an article either earlier this year or late last year (which of course I can't find at the moment) regarding the explosion of the price of the jordan/kobe from the set. They were tracking the price on a 9.5 graded pmg green jordan and the thing went for some like crazy 15k range price tag. Makes you wonder what a 9.5 sid might be worth one day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

Makes you wonder what a 9.5 sid might be worth one day.

Especially with the condition issues on all of the PMG's (edges chipping), 9.5's will go for premiums. There will be a lot of them that don't even see a 9. So the Sid, Ovi, Gretz, and even some of the RC's depending on how their early careers are could go for big, big money.

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

a precious metal gem in hockey is not the same as in basketball...don't make that mistake.
    Just because a few schmucks in asia are idiotic about 90's Jordan inserts, PMGs, credentials, super raves etc.
    doesn't mean hockey will follow. i.e check the price of 90's Jordan parallel inserts compared to Gretzkys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so why do people pay so much money for cards that has neither game used or auto on them? i dont get it.

BANNED

Country

speculators do. Check basketball - Asian speculators have been all over Jordan, Kobe, Carter 90's parallels and the releaseof 2012 retro featuring the same issues that sparked more speculation. This will not happened for hockey...perhaps a few random sales before the speculators realize their mistake.
    Same kind of speculation with hockey Cup rookies, premier ice patch autos /99...collectors don't buy those cards - they just move from one speculator to the next.
    Last edited by rustyisin; 04-21-2013 at 10:38 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so why do people pay so much money for cards that has neither game used or auto on them? i dont get it.

People for years paid that much for cards before anything like game used or autographs came along so it really shouldn't be that new of a concept now that somebody would do it as well.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country

do you think the buyer of the 6/10 is now realizing his mistake after
    looking at sale of same year Gretzky AND AUTOGRAPHED for a fraction of the price?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Blac...6#ht_777wt_948

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

do you think the buyer of the 6/10 is now realizing his mistake after
    looking at sale of same year Gretzky AND AUTOGRAPHED for a fraction of the price?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Black-Diamond-Wayne-Gretzky-Emerald-GREEN-Auto-Autograph-10-/321070513846?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item4 ac14b3eb6#ht_777wt_948

No, because the cards aren't aimed at the same audience

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No, because as I've said, not all cards with the same print run are created equally. Doesn't matter about the added attributes or whether they're the same colour, a card from Set A can have a wildly different value than a card from Set B, even if it's the same player with the same print run. Consider - would you rather have a 2007-08 Upper Deck High Gloss Jonathan Toews YG /10 or a 2007-08 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Threads Patches Black Parallel #FTJT Jonathan Toews /10?

Yes the Ice Fresh Threads Patch has a (photoshoot) patch in it that probably looks nice given it's the Hawks and all, and a cool glossy surface, but I would venture that many collectors would prefer to have the plain ole YG HG.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast