Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmlxcrosby87's Items on eBay

Big Choice to Make, Opinions Appreciated

Ok, well I'm assuming everyone has seen the trade the Leafs made by now, if not you will soon :p

This thread is NOT to discuss the trade, but rather what have you guys done/would do when a PC player gets traded?

I worked pretty hard on my Frattin PC and dumped a lot of Scrivens stuff at one point only to start recollecting him again. Right now I have in my Inventory 46 Frattins and 20 Scrivens. I know for some these aren't huge numbers, but I collect a bunch of Leafs and these 2 weren't my main ones (although Frattin was a fairly important one). I'm not quite sure what to do now. I'm hesitant to let go of those 2 PC's just because I have a pretty full rookie collection of them (17/21 for Frattin, 12/20 Scrivens). One side of me is thinking of getting rid of them to get funds for other stuff, however I'm not sure how good these 2 will sell now. The other side of me wants to keep all of the Rookies at least, but since that's such a large portion, what's the point of getting rid of the rest?

Right now I'm considering keeping a key few (Cup ARP, not sure what else?) and then trading/selling the rest.

My big issue is this,

IF I decide to move a lot of their stuff, I have a pending redemption for Frattin's Prime Shield 1/1, the most I've ever spent on a single card. It's taking forever for his Prime stuff to get finished and this may have been the last straw for my waiting. Do I try to request a replacement (it's been over 9 months now)? How can Panini replace a shield though?? What if they value it for much less than I paid for it? I'm really stuck on this one guys.. I know there are a lot of questions, but I spent the 11-12 year collecting these and spent a lot of time, and $$$ so I really want to make a smart choice.

I really appreciate any advice, especially with the Shield.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mspadz's Items on eBay

Im with you on the Frattin collection, i have 15 1/1 printing plates of frattin, all of his cards and rookies, i dont know if i should just dump them or keep them! :( I have a lot of time and money invested in him. So ill be subscribed to this thread to see people's opinions!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im with you on the Frattin collection, i have 15 1/1 printing plates of frattin, all of his cards and rookies, i dont know if i should just dump them or keep them! :( I have a lot of time and money invested in him. So ill be subscribed to this thread to see people's opinions!

I know how you feel for the most part man, you have a lot more than me it seems though.. Hopefully we can both come to good conclusions on what to do!

SCF Rewards
    Country

To me I guess the question is how much you've become attached to the players. If the Sedins had been traded a couple of years into their careers, I probably would have moved on as well - but having seen them grow into the Canucks all-time leading scorers and having enjoyed watching for so long now, I'll collect them till the end of time no matter where they finish their careers. I think many collectors fall into the same boat, we initially collect a prospect from our favourite team in the hopes of having one of the great collections of the player should they stick with the club, but it takes some time to move from collecting them just because they're part of your team to becoming a fan of the player outright regardless of where they play. The only question is how much you've grown to be a fan of the player, or is it time to move on?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tough Decision for sure. I know when Hodgson got traded there were a lot of mixed feelings. I say do what you think works best.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

This is why I don't go all in on RCs and newer players, because you just never know what's going to happen. Why my Zack Kassian PC is five cards. I'm also kind of "lucky" in that the Canucks prospects are just awful hahahahaa. And the the whole Blake Geoffrion thing?? Ooooo auto/jersey RCs, let's spend decent money on a couple of those!! Now I'm looking at Brendan Gallagher and wondering if someone's gonna skate over his neck in a couple years :(

Retired or dead guys are where it's at, no surprises!!!

I think one of your bigger problems is this, if you decide to dump the two of them........Frattin & Scrivens played in The Center Of The Universe and they got traded to somewhere where the hockey collectors aren't exactly maniacal. Scrivens just went from a solid 2 or 1A depending on how Reimer was playing any given week to a guaranteed 8-10 starts a year barring injuries.

I think you'd be taking a huge hit on what you shelled out for the cards. Sorry man........

SCF Rewards
    Country

I collected Ben Bishop when he was with the Blues. He's been traded twice but I decided to keep all my Blues/Rivermen cards. I have no intentions at the moment of pursuing any future cards released with his new team (Tampa Bay). If you enjoy your current collection, just keep it but don't continue adding.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Time to make friends with a/some Kings fans and do some swapping. :)

With regards to the 1/1 shield, I'd give them a call and see if you can get an update on it. Tell them that you really want the card despite Frattin being dealt. Once you get it in your hands, you can decide whether to keep it as a memory of his (short) time in Toronto or to try and move it to somebody in California.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for all the input guys.

Rich do you know a specific good customer reps email that I can ask about it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

I collected Ben Bishop when he was with the Blues. He's been traded twice but I decided to keep all my Blues/Rivermen cards. I have no intentions at the moment of pursuing any future cards released with his new team (Tampa Bay). If you enjoy your current collection, just keep it but don't continue adding.

I agree with this. Keep the collection and just don't add anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast