Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Probe of Atlanta schools finds principals & teachers cheating to improve test scores

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ing-on-tests/1

On Tuesday, Gov. Nathan Deal released only a two-page summary of the report showing organized, systemic cheating in Atlantic Public Schools by scores of educators, including 38 principals.

Deal says "there will be consequences" for educators who cheated and has forwarded the findings to three district attorneys as well as state and city education officials.

According to the report, the alleged culture even prompted one third-grade teacher to tell investigators that the culture at APS is that if you are not a "team player," there are ways that the school system can get back at you. The teacher was afraid of retaliation if she did not go along with cheating, saying, "APS is run like the mob."

The report calls teacher test-tampering "an open secret" at at least one school, Gideons Elementary, where a group of teachers one weekend brought students' answer sheets to a teacher's home and held a "changing party."

Other teachers changed students' answers at school after hours. In one case, the school's principal told teachers, "If anyone asks you anything about this just tell them you don't know. You did not. Stick with it … just stick to the story and it will all go away."

--50% of the classes at one middle school showed unusual signs of erasures of wrong answers on state-mandated tests and substitution of correct answers. The report says the principal at the school ordered a teacher and two staff members who find wrong answers to "make them right."

--Teachers at one elementary school used "non-verbal signals" to get students to change wrong answers and also arranged the seating so that some students could cheat off others.

--Cheating was detected at 44 of 56 schools examined.

--178 educators, including 38 principals, were found to have engaged in cheating. Of that group, 82 confessed to cheating.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

This is crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

As a resident of georgia 20 miles south of Atlanta , and I work in Atlanta , I can say this is not shocking to hear concidering what comes out of that cesspool of a city .Beverly Hall should be jailed for what she has done to the screwel system in Atlanta .
    Last edited by INTIMADATOR2007; 07-06-2011 at 09:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Not surprising at all. Probably goes on in a lot more places than we would like to believe.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I live in Georgia too. I'm not going to comment on some of the nonesense that goes on here but I will tell it to you like this. It's not a black or white thing nor it is a republican or democratic thing. Everyone has their hand in the cookie jar here. SMH.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

I live in Georgia too. I'm not going to comment on some of the nonesense that goes on here but I will tell it to you like this. It's not a black or white thing nor it is a republican or democratic thing. Everyone has their hand in the cookie jar here. SMH.

I'd be willing to bet that 90+% of all teachers and administrators in the Atlanta city schools vote democrat.

Country
    See hampcards's Items on eBay

I'd be willing to bet that 90+% of all teachers and administrators in the Atlanta city schools vote democrat.

I'm willing to bet 90% of the people on wall street that almost caused the 2nd great depression vote Republican

I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people in the BUsh administration that thought going to Iraq to settle a beef were Republican
    I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people who kill abortion DR's are Republican
    I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people who thought Obama was born in Kenya were Republicans
    Last edited by redsoxx11; 07-07-2011 at 08:47 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

This is not a party issue, it's a corruption issue. It also helps highlight some of the issues in our education system, namely our dependence on standardized testing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

How are you going to call me out for playing along party lines and you just did the same thing. Do I need to provide examples of republican corruption too? Or you simply going to to dismiss it and say the devil made them do it?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

How are you going to call me out for playing along party lines and you just did the same thing. Do I need to provide examples of republican corruption too? Or you simply going to to dismiss it and say the devil made them do it?

I don't deny that there is much corruption on both sides of the aisle, but my comment in this particular instance is correct, and you know it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast