Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Intelligent Design on Trial....a historical lesson about religion and science.

^I'm not sure how many of you have ever heard about the "Dover trial" but this was one of the most important decisions in recent memory dealing with the evolution "debate".

This is the full documentary by PBS on that trial and the landmark decision.

It's a very interesting documentary and one which I highly recommend to all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

If you recommend it then I guess it must be some kind of religious bashing.So i will entertain it.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The fact that the word "Intelligent" is even accepted as a plausible word for a creation origin, is laughable and nothing to do with Science itself.

Science itself is the search for fact. A non-search for fact based on the principle of faith, can never be a scientific concept.

BANNED

Country

At the 50:13 Mark of the Video. The key piece to the entire presentation ......

Mark Shubin U of C Field Museum: "Science is about discovering the unknown, its about what we don't know. I don't focus on what we know, as a Scientist. I want to find new things that tell me about what I don't know"
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-01-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The fact that the word "Intelligent" is even accepted as a plausible word for a creation origin, is laughable and nothing to do with Science itself.

Science itself is the search for fact. A non-search for fact based on the principle of faith, can never be a scientific concept.

Science is people doing everything they can to not be proven wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What has science done for humanity?

It's doubled their lifespan, it has made their lives incredibly easy, it has taken us to the moon and has allowed us to see further than we could ever imagine!

It has given us answers to the unknowable, it has explained the inexplicable, it has done all of this because it WORKS.

It doesn't have a bias, and to say that the people behind science are doing everything possible to not be proven wrong is ANTI-Scientific.

That's religion if I ever heard it.

A bunch of guys who refuse to budge on their ideology no matter how much evidence is presented to them.

If you want to know why science will NEVER accept or even listen to things like "Creationism" (AKA Intelligent design) it's because it's not scientific and has no place in any serious discussion.

If you watch the video, you'll even see that one of the science teacher is a christian and he was distraught at the idea of teaching an unscientific principle such as "ID" in a science class.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 02-02-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You heard him folks. He admits science is about not being proven wrong at all cost and nothing more.
    I guess that's why they're so hellbent on screaming at religion instead of curing AIDS and cancer.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 02-02-2013 at 04:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

how about science has caused over population, which has resulted in many of our issues.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

how about science has caused over population, which has resulted in many of our issues.

Well, science developed contraception and abortion, so...

BANNED

Country

Religion causes overpopulation. People on the Indian Subcontinent have large families and tons of kids in the hope that one of them will be successful enough to take care of them and their siblings someday. It's like that in 75% of the World, and all of it with a religious bend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast