Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I'm sorry, did the GOP win the white house, or did a democratic president win by running an election SAYING he was going to TAX THE RICH???

Please tell me.

If I'm Obama, I do not consider ANYTHING unless it puts a TAX HIKE on the wealthiest Americans, I personally would let the Bush tax cuts expire for EVERYONE!

That's right.....Every single person pays more.....end of story!

I am seriously interested in your answer to those questions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am seriously interested in your answer to those questions.

I already did!

TAX THE RICH!

The majority of Americans want it and YES I believe it will help out our deficit and economy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, i don't think you realize how little raising the tax rates will produce compared to our budget.

you could literally tax the top 2% at 100% and it would still not keep us up with our current budget much less repay any debt.

i see this as maybe 2-5% of the problem, whereas spending what we don't have makes the other 95%+

i see one of the real problems as the taxing of the top 2% is more about social justice than a sound economic policy.

and social justice makes me ill, in the way it is used, there should be no such thing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Teapublicans sent a offer to thew white house today...with NO Tax increases in the offer....

So who really doesnt want to deal ????

SCF Rewards
    Country

You don't get it shrew.....Obama DOESN'T HAVE TO NEGOTIATE ANYTHING!

I personally wouldn't budge on this.....TAX THE RICH or everyone will be taxed....end of story!

As for the other things, you can compromise AFTER you TAX THE RICH!

Priority #1 is fixing our tax rates so the wealthiest pay their share.....or they increase for all of us, either way, as long as the rich pay their share, it is fair.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 12-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

why do you have to do one first? i have no issue, i hope it is just for those who make over 250K, but we'll see.

what i get is, why be the bully who won't budge until he gets his way, why not compromise on other things and demand that as part of the package. as as far as i seen from the republicans haven't done anything either, but that doesn't give someone else the right to e as dumb as they seem to be right now. the last i heard the republicans had not submitted any real offer yet

SCF Rewards
    Country

why do you have to do one first? i have no issue, i hope it is just for those who make over 250K, but we'll see.

what i get is, why be the bully who won't budge until he gets his way, why not compromise on other things and demand that as part of the package. as as far as i seen from the republicans haven't done anything either, but that doesn't give someone else the right to e as dumb as they seem to be right now. the last i heard the republicans had not submitted any real offer yet

Neither side is compromising.

Fine....let the tax cuts expire for everyone.....wanna bet the GOP will be the one that gets the blame?

The GOP LOST the election, Obama says that he wants to tax the top 2% and everyone else will remain where they are....that's not unreasonable.

Like I said, you can figure out the other things later.....the bush tax cuts are going to expire right now!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Neither side is compromising.

Fine....let the tax cuts expire for everyone.....wanna bet the GOP will be the one that gets the blame?

The GOP LOST the election, Obama says that he wants to tax the top 2% and everyone else will remain where they are....that's not unreasonable.

Like I said, you can figure out the other things later.....the bush tax cuts are going to expire right now!

That's completely unreasonable.

Everyone should be taxed the same, and when I say that, I mean a straight tax percentage. Just because people make more money doesn't mean they should be taxed at (potentially) a higher rate than those who make less money and vice versa.

It's really common sense, I don't get why it's not done.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's completely unreasonable.

Everyone should be taxed the same, and when I say that, I mean a straight tax percentage. Just because people make more money doesn't mean they should be taxed at (potentially) a higher rate than those who make less money and vice versa.

It's really common sense, I don't get why it's not done.

Um....NO!

A poor person shouldn't pay the same tax rate a rich person pays, that's insanity.

This is the system we have had for a very long time and NOW you want to change it?

This is CLASS WARFARE, and I'm more than happy to fight it!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Um....NO!

A poor person shouldn't pay the same tax rate a rich person pays, that's insanity.

This is the system we have had for a very long time and NOW you want to change it?

This is CLASS WARFARE, and I'm more than happy to fight it!

No, since I've been old enough to understand taxes and all that, I've felt this way.

(using these numbers just as an example) why should someone making $100,000 have a tax rate of 8% but the guy making $50,000 gets a 6% tax rate?

People shouldn't be penalized for making more money.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast