Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quick inscription question

I am sending a ball to Mike Mussina. I am also sending to Duke Snider and Bobby Doerr and having them put their hall of fame year. But just a quick question, what would be a good inscription for Mike Mussina? Thanks!

Nathan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

You have a tough time making decisions, don't you. What would YOU want to see on a ball? Why do you always ask other people what they would want on YOUR ball? Ask him to put whatever you want on the thing and not what other people want on it. This is your collection, not ours!
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

see if you can get him to inscribe "The Great Purple Panda"

no, it doesnt mean anything- and neither should anyone elses opinions on what you get autographed.
    Your collection, your request. It doesnt mean anything if someone else likes it- the whole point of collecting TTM is to do it because you like it

Country
    See NONE's Items on eBay

Have him Inscribe "MIKE IS THE BEST" lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Ask for "To Brian" and then PM me for my address. :)

Kidding aside, Mussina is hit or miss for inscriptions. Mostly miss. Some collectors like to ask for memorable achievements, nicknames, years that a player played for a team, etc. It all depends on what you think you'd like on the ball. It's your $ for the ball and postage. Your time writing the letter. And, hopefully, it's signed and makes a nice piece in your collection.

I do like Ed's "Great Purple Panda" idea, though. May have to see if I can get that on a card somehow. Might make a funny SCF contest. "Best Inscription" Contest anyone?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

Ask for "To Brian" and then PM me for my address. :)

Kidding aside, Mussina is hit or miss for inscriptions. Mostly miss. Some collectors like to ask for memorable achievements, nicknames, years that a player played for a team, etc. It all depends on what you think you'd like on the ball. It's your $ for the ball and postage. Your time writing the letter. And, hopefully, it's signed and makes a nice piece in your collection.

I do like Ed's "Great Purple Panda" idea, though. May have to see if I can get that on a card somehow. Might make a funny SCF contest. "Best Inscription" Contest anyone?

excellent idea- but it has to be original- for example, Chuck Bednariks inscription on that famous pic of him over Gifford is great- but since its out there multiple times, cant be used

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

How would one prove that it was the athlete that put the crazy inscription on the card or ball and not the collector? Someone could easily put, "I love mangoes!" on the card above Eric Anderson's signature. Perhaps 10 or so inscriptions pre-approved by a couple of your SCF folks that people have to try to get?????

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It would be awesome to ask him to sign something negative about the Yankees. Something like I played for the Yankees before they destoyed the Yankee baseball shrine!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll give you a clean/new ROMLB if you get Mussina to write "I wear womens panties" under his name....