Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Republicans: Please take Bobby Jindal's words to heart.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...9-EC459F9223D5

I've been waiting for the day that the conservative movement latches on to Bobby Jindal for way too long now. I hope for that day now more than ever. If you don't have the time to read the article, I'll point out my favorite quotes from Jindal:

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,”

"We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

“Simply being the anti-Obama party didn’t work. You can’t beat something with nothing. The reality is we have to be a party of solutions and not just bumper-sticker slogans but real detailed policy solutions.”

“We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

My morning and afternoon commutes from work consists of me flipping back and forth between conservative talk radio and NPR. By the way, the contrast between those two is stark. One side spews vitriolic hatred, and I'm quite certain the other side is doing it's best to get me to fall asleep at the wheel. Anyways, all I've heard on the FM Newstalk (Fox) station since the election is lamenting about the death of real America and lambasting those that voted for Obama. I knew the conservative media would need a "fall guy" for the Republican failures in this election, but I was somewhat surprised that the fall guy is the American voters.

Bobby Jindal must listen to the same stations that I do, because he explicitly says that they need to stop insulting Americans. It's not a very good methodology for winning elections. Right-wing stations often criticize "academia", because most academics vote Democrat. Jindal should be a shining example that it doesn't have to be that way. He graduated from Brown at age 20, with honors in two different majors. Then, as the article points out, he studied in Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar.

There have been several prominent conservatives who have said extremely reasonable things post-election. And these are people (Bill Kristol, John Boehner, Jindal, etc) that, if the Republicans want to start winning some elections in the near-future, should be listened to. I should note that just on my 25 minute drive into work this morning, the guys on my conservative station were bashing both Boehner and Kristol, and I'm sure they'll do the same to Jindal, unfortunately. I really hope that doesn't end up being the case.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

I'll add one more. If you truly believe in limited government, how can you have your military spread like locust all across the globe?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the military is not the government we are speaking of, I believe in a large military and a small government.

limited government(for me) means we do not need intervention in our daily lives, I don't need someone to tell me how to raise or educate my children, or what i can buy or not buy, or deciding my health care choices for me, or how I retire or when I retire, among other things.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

i'll add one more. If you truly believe in limited government, how can you have your military spread like locust all across the globe?

bingo!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

again, small government does not equal a small military, and limited government refers to the ability of the government to be involved in or have control over the daily life of an American citizen.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

again, small government does not equal a small military, and limited government refers to the ability of the government to be involved in or have control over the daily life of an American citizen.

Well, as much as the Republicans preach small government, they put themselves into many aspects of day to day life. Neither party is for small government in truth. They both want a large government center with focus on different areas.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i agree

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Well, as much as the Republicans preach small government, they put themselves into many aspects of day to day life. Neither party is for small government in truth. They both want a large government center with focus on different areas.

this ^^^^^^^

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

I'm not sure how you separate the two when the government is directing the military and to fund the military you must collect massive taxes from citizens. The constitution provides for a strong defense, but the key word is defense, not maintaining a sprawling military empire.