Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Stacey Dash defends her support of Romney

No I am not going to insult this woman even though you want me to but I will say this. Entertainers should refrain from endorsing any political canidate because no matter who you are endorsing you are running the risk of ailienating half of your fans. Obvious exceptions would be political shock jocks like rush, political comedians such as Bill Bahr or political rappers like Mos Def. What are your thoughts?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...f-mitt-romney/
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

No I am not going to insult this woman even though you want me to but I will say this. Entertainers should refrain from endorsing any political canidate because no matter who you are endorsing you are running the risk of ailienating half of your fans. Obvious exceptions would be political shock jocks like rush, political comedians such as Bill Bahr or political rappers like Mos Def. What are your thoughts?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...f-mitt-romney/

Funny, you didn't take this position when discussing the Samuel L. Jackson ad.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I would rather know a celebrity's political leanings than know what they were wearing last night and who they are now sleeping with. And as long as she has an informed opinion on the matter, feel free to express it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes she along with anyone else does have the right to speak her mind politically. That being said she is paid to act in movies and not for political commentary. I was talking about this with my wife this morning and she thinks that Stacy did this just for the press to keep her name in the public eye. Some people believe that there is no such thing as bad press.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Yes she along with anyone else does have the right to speak her mind politically. That being said she is paid to act in movies and not for political commentary. I was talking about this with my wife this morning and she thinks that Stacy did this just for the press to keep her name in the public eye. Some people believe that there is no such thing as bad press.

do you feel the same about samuel l. jackson and all the actors and celebrities who endorse obama?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Funny, you didn't take this position when discussing the Samuel L. Jackson ad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

do you feel the same about samuel l. jackson and all the actors and celebrities who endorse obama?

When I go to the movies or buy dvds I spend my money on the movie not the actor's political commentary. Is that clear enough for you?
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 10-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't mind when celebrities make known their political support, but I really don't use the knowledge for anything. I do think that it's idiotic to bash a person because they don't support a politician that happens to be the same race as them. Good for her for supporting ideals instead of a specific politicians race.

With twitter and other social media outlets everyone, even lower level celebrities have a much greater stream of voicing their thoughts and such.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

When I go to the movies or buy dvds I spend my money on the movie not the political commentary. Is that clear enough for you?

no, actually you just very purposefully ignored the question. which, i guess in a way, does make your answer clear enough for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

When I go to the movies or buy dvds I spend my money on the movie not the political commentary. Is that clear enough for you?

I agree with this. You really don't see celebrities interjecting their opinions into their work unless maybe they are a reality star or sometimes musicians do it before songs (which I hate). If they do each person has the choice to support that celebrity or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast