Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

83 year old woman shot by cop like an animal

That cop is a gutless coward. This exactly why people hate cops.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1913676.html
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so there was a 911 hang up, the police show up and here gunfire from the house, a person with the gun exits the house, police order them to drop weapon, they turn and point gun at police and they are shot.

first off how does this relate to any animal killing?

how is anyone a gutless coward?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Shrew, if that is the case you're right. However, it doesn't quite add up to me. Police showed up (whether she thought the were police or robbers) so she fired shots inside the house?
    That makes no sense right there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

First off I will say that this is a horrific story. Very sad indeed. However, I can see how this happened after reading the story. It seems like an instance of a few different unfortunate happenings. The fact that she seems to not been able to hear the officer led to most of this taking place. I can't imagine this happening to me or my family all because she didn't have in her hearing ad.

That said, veggie, how can you sit there and say that this is why people hate cops or agree that she was gunned down like an animal. It's easy for people to judge a situation in hindsight. Put yourself in the place of the officer. He hear's gun shots and sees a person in the dark with a gun or something he thinks could be a gun (good assumption if he heard shots) when going to a 911 hang up. Then when he gets to the person they don't put down their weapon and they point it at him. What do you think a trained police officer would do? It's not like they knew anything about this lady... if she was old... if she lived there... if she needed hearing aids and didn't have them in... all of that only comes to light after the fact. At the time he hears shots and sees a person with a gun and that person points the gun at him. Most people would end up doing what he did. He had no way of knowing and nor did she. I'd bet that had he not shot her we'd be reading a story about how she shot and killed an officer which would be still just as tragic.

I really don't see how you can just see this and say, that's why people hate cops... like he hunted her down for sport or something.

definitely very unfortunate that she lost her life because of something like this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shrew, if that is the case you're right. However, it doesn't quite add up to me. Police showed up (whether she thought the were police or robbers) so she fired shots inside the house?
    That makes no sense right there.

I agree that is weird, but they will be able to prove if there were shots from her weapon inside the house. even if she didn't fire inside the house and she had her gun pointed at him when he caught up to her I still don't see what else the officer would have done but shoot.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I agree that is weird, but they will be able to prove if there were shots from her weapon inside the house. even if she didn't fire inside the house and she had her gun pointed at him when he caught up to her I still don't see what else the officer would have done but shoot.

Tell me how much of this makes sense (and I realize not everything people do makes sense, but humour me)
    911 Hangup
    Cops show up
    Woman (possibly thinking their robbers) grabs a gun and fires several times
    Woman sneaks out the backdoor to go somewhere else
    Police tell her to stop (presumably identifying themselves as police)
    Woman turns and aims at cops
    Cops shoot and kill woman

Something just doesn't seem right with that story.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

It makes perfect sense to me. 911 hangup. Cops have to investigate. Old, deaf, visually-impaired lady panics and fires shots at the door from the safety of her home. Cops escalate their response. Old lady realizes they are not leaving and tries to escape to the safety of her sister's house. Cops follow. Scared, confused, old lady aims the gun at her would be attackers. Cops do what they are trained to do and defend themselves.

That's the price people can pay when they escalate a situation by introducing a firearm into the picture.

Tell me how much of this makes sense (and I realize not everything people do makes sense, but humour me)
    911 Hangup
    Cops show up

SCF Rewards
    Country

911 Hangup
    Cops show up

tell me what seems weird about it. I'm not sure how hard the officer was banging on the board as it wasn't in the article, but it does seem weird to fire a weapon if someone just knocks on the door. We can't really assume what would have caused her to fire shots. Like I said, they will be able to find out if the gun was fired by her. As for assuming why... there could be a ton of reason. Maybe she thought he was a robber (maybe she called 911 because she was hearing noises and thought the officer was said robber). Maybe she was going to leave and dropped the gun or accidentally pulled the trigger and it went off. An investigation should probably clear all of that up. Maybe it wasn't shot and the officer heard something like it (less likely).

I will say that I'd bet that officers aren't trained to take an elderly women pointing a gun at them as less of a threat than a younger, stronger person pointing a gun at them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It makes perfect sense to me. 911 hangup. Cops have to investigate. Old, deaf, visually-impaired lady panics and fires shots at the door from the safety of her home. Cops escalate their response. Old lady realizes they are not leaving and tries to escape to the safety of her sister's house. Cops follow. Scared, confused, old lady aims the gun at her would be attackers. Cops do what they are trained to do and defend themselves.

That's the price people can pay when they escalate a situation by introducing a firearm into the picture.

^ what he said.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm sorry but the story just dosen't add up to me. Police are infamous for committing crimes against the public and covering them up. In my book if a cop does something stupid he is guilty until proven innocent.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast