Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

They do not have to give reason for termination, so you will never know. You walk into work and the boss says, sorry, but we have to let you go. State law says no explanation is required. So your point is moot, as reason is not required.

so basically anyone could use this graphic to bolster their cause by saying these states can fire you for being "______". I'm all for gay rights and know that there are a lot of people who discriminate because of this, but presenting this information as these are states that have legislation where an employer can fire an employee specifically because they are gay is a bit misleading. I'd assume that in these states if a person had proof of their firing being based off of their being gay, they would have a legitimate case against their former employer. Proving this would be an issue, but that would go to anyone who thought they were let go because of something they do outside of work (religion, disability, race, etc).

I could take this graphic and say that in these states you can be fired for being a straight white male and it would be the same argument.

I'd assume that in all of these states it's illegal to ask in an interview if the interviewee if a homosexual. It's not these states have some sort of open season on asking if their employees are gay and then firing them. I'm sure there have been people fired because of this, but I highly doubt that it's the norm.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

so basically anyone could use this graphic to bolster their cause by saying these states can fire you for being "______". I'm all for gay rights and know that there are a lot of people who discriminate because of this, but presenting this information as these are states that have legislation where an employer can fire an employee specifically because they are gay is a bit misleading. I'd assume that in these states if a person had proof of their firing being based off of their being gay, they would have a legitimate case against their former employer. Proving this would be an issue, but that would go to anyone who thought they were let go because of something they do outside of work (religion, disability, race, etc).

I could take this graphic and say that in these states you can be fired for being a straight white male and it would be the same argument.

I'd assume that in all of these states it's illegal to ask in an interview if the interviewee if a homosexual. It's not these states have some sort of open season on asking if their employees are gay and then firing them. I'm sure there have been people fired because of this, but I highly doubt that it's the norm.

Don't know about interview questions in the State of Oregon, but the law firmly backs the employer. If your job is taken from you, you just have to move on. The State of Oregon saves millions of dollars a year by not having an employment protection policy or employment laws. It is probably the reason why there is no State Sales Tax here, the revenue has to be made up with Medieval jusrisprudence.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't know about interview questions in the State of Oregon, but the law firmly backs the employer. If your job is taken from you, you just have to move on. The State of Oregon saves millions of dollars a year by not having an employment protection policy or employment laws. It is probably the reason why there is no State Sales Tax here, the revenue has to be made up with Medieval jusrisprudence.

In indiana and I think everywhere in the US it's illegal to ask about many topics including sexual orientation during interviews. NFL teams have been warned based off of rumors that some teams asked about sexual orientation at the combine this year.

Obviously if an employer wants to fire someone based off of religion, sexual orientation, race, or something else in that realm they can get away with it by masking the reasons. That sort of things surely happens and I know friends that have been fired based when others have done worse and still have their jobs.

I've been part of a layoff and that's basically where you stand... you just move on. That doesn't mean i think it's right for employers to fire people for reasons listed above, but it still doesn't mean it's legal for employers in the red highlighted states in the graphic legally can fire people for being gay.

BANNED

Country

In Canada you cannot even ask an Interviewee where they attended University, nor can you enquire to their cultural homeland, or their religion or sexuality.

All verboten.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so is all this fake?

Protect the rights of workers and citizens to equal, non-discriminatory treatment through the enforcement of anti-discrimination laws that apply to workplaces, housing and public accommodations

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/Pages/index.aspx

Our firm has successfully assisted our varied client base in the following areas concerning employment issues including those involving wage claims, working overtime, and commissions. We represent clients facing employment discrimination, including pregnancy discrimination, disability discrimination, age discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination, religious discrimination, or race discrimination.

http://www.oremploymentlaw.com/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

In Canada you cannot even ask an Interviewee where they attended University, nor can you enquire to their cultural homeland, or their religion or sexuality.

All verboten.

Why can't you ask where they went to college?

BANNED

Country

You have to prove the discrimination, that is why these law firms are in business, to try to prove this. Are you not reading what you type.

If an employer does not require a reason to remove you from your job, then you may require answers, but none have to be given. I've lived here for 9 years, people are removed from their jobs daily for no reason.

Here is the Link. At-Will State is the status of Oregon. They still want employers to keep accurate performance records, but that is rare that it is ever used against them. The State favours the employer.

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/ta/Pages/...entatwill.aspx

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I've lived here for 9 years, people are removed from their jobs daily for no reason.

that is crazy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Why can't you ask where they went to college?

My guess is to eliminate favoritisim for one college or another also to stop religious discrimination against someone who attented a religious school.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

You have to prove the discrimination, that is why these law firms are in business, to try to prove this. Are you not reading what you type.

If an employer does not require a reason to remove you from your job, then you may require answers, but none have to be given. I've lived here for 9 years, people are removed from their jobs daily for no reason.

Here is the Link. At-Will State is the status of Oregon. They still want employers to keep accurate performance records, but that is rare that it is ever used against them. The State favours the employer.

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/ta/Pages/...entatwill.aspx

not sure who this is directed to. Yes you do have to prove discrimination and that can be tough indeed. There are many reasons why a worker could be fired in those red highlighted states, not just because they are gay. THat's my argument with the graphic. It's misleading and makes one think an employer is allowed to ask an employees sexual preference and then fire him if he is gay. There are still laws that prevent employers from asking or demanding employees to tell them specific details about their lives including their sexuality.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast