Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

UD's "memorabilia" not trustworthy

I'm looking to see how others feel about this. I'm at the point where I don't trust a thing UD puts out anymore when it comes to their memorabilia cards. I have seen many where it says "used in an official NHL game" where it is blatantly obvious the jersey was not used in an NHL game. Perhaps it is UD's version of an NHL game, but not for the rest of us. For example, just about every Steve Shutt jersey they put out says "official NHL game", but when the jersey is yellow or teal, we all know it is not a Habs jersey. An old-timers game does not count. ITG, I trust 100%. Panini, for the most part seems legit. UD...forget it. If it is a retired player, who knows where it came from. I think I am going to dump any and all UD "memorabilia" cards and replace them with something put out by Dr. Price himself, or Panini. When I was a kid...many moons ago...UD was the gold standard when it came to the sports card hobby. Now, while their product is still tops when it comes to raking in the $$$, they have become the bottom of the heap in terms of "legitimacy". To me their "used in an NHL game" could mean anything from an old-timers game to something they grabbed off a roll at Fabric Land.

What do the rest of you think?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

I agree 100%

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(20)
    Country
    See mojobreaks's Items on eBay

UD is not the only company susceptible of this, I've seen two Eddie Lack dominion rpas with pretty much the exact same patch (whale piece)

Would that stop me from buying patches or memorabilia? No

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

UD is not the only company susceptible of this, I've seen two Eddie Lack dominion rpas with pretty much the exact same patch (whale piece)

Would that stop me from buying patches or memorabilia? No

On the Eddy Lack, I know what you're talking about I've seen both (pretty sure Yipfan has/had one of them) but aren't pretty much all of todays rookie cards photoshoot jerseys anyway? When you think of the dozens of photoshoot jerseys worn by the players at events its not hard to sometimes have duplicates of similar patches.

Thats the one thing I hate about todays hobby, what started as authentic game used jersey cards which were actually rare and hard pulls has turned into 2-3 photo shot rookie jerseys a box. What started out as a nice treat has turned into a giant headache.

Sorry I swayed off the original topic a bit so back on that, yes I have a hard time trusting that all of Topps/UD/Panini memorabilia is legit. Heck just a little while ago maybe a year and a half ago there was a memorabilia dealer who got busted selling the companies bogus gamers. When it comes to trusting memorabilia there is only one company I trust 100% and its In The Game.
    Last edited by MattDMC; 06-29-2013 at 12:24 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

What did me in was this one...........

The back says that this "a trading card with Gump Worsley Game-Used hockey memorabilia" certified as having been used in an "official NHL game."

The jerseys back weren't made out of this material. Were they??

BANNED

Country

What did me in was this one...........

The back says that this "a trading card with Gump Worsley Game-Used hockey memorabilia" certified as having been used in an "official NHL game."

The jerseys back weren't made out of this material. Were they??

Nah they straight up wore sweaters

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Nah they straight up wore sweaters

Exactly! Then I'm thinking because it's a blue swatch, maybe it's from the Habs, but even then it's too new for that............

Of ALL the Rangers UD chose to put on that card, they chose one from the 50's????

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

ITG all the way ITG all the way ITG all the way...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe, in their terminology, that an old timer's game does count as an official NHL game. As in, sanctioned by the NHL.

BANNED

Country

I believe, in their terminology, that an old timer's game does count as an official NHL game. As in, sanctioned by the NHL.

Semantics

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast