Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Panini America Previews 2013 Toronto Spring Expo Details

With the 2013 Toronto Spring Expo set to take place this weekend at the Toronto International Centre, Panini America will be offering collectors the chance at a unique Team Colors set with the purchase of a box. Thru an exclusive partnership with Universal Distributors in Canada, collectors that bring an unopened box of 2012-13 Certified Hockey, 2012-13 Classics Signatures Hockey or 2012-13 Limited Hockey will receive one of the complete sets.

The 10-card Team Colors set features key names such as Taylor Hall, P.K. Subban and Jonathan Quick.

Panini has also created two unique Patrick Roy cards to honor the Hall of Famer and his appearance at the show. Collectors that visit their local hobby shop and bring the passport coupon to the Universal booth with get their choice of one of the cards (while supplies last). One card features Roy in his Canadiens uniform while the other pays tribute to his time with the Avalanche.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ails/#comments

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Compared to what ITG and Upper Deck are doing at the show, this is a pretty weak effort by Panini. Unless there's more to come in the next 2-3 days from them, they're not putting forth a lot of incentive to people to stop by their booth and bust product.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See lemieux2009's Items on eBay

Not only do I agree with you, but I will go even furthur and suggest that this is a slap in the face. With the year that the hockey market has gone through, you would think they they would have gone above and beyond to reward the collectors for hanging in there and continuing to buy their products despite the lack of rookie content and everything else. I see here a total lack of effort and support. You dropped the bomb here PANINI!!!
    Compared to what ITG and Upper Deck are doing at the show, this is a pretty weak effort by Panini. Unless there's more to come in the next 2-3 days from them, they're not putting forth a lot of incentive to people to stop by their booth and bust product.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I agree. Rather disappointing from Panini. However Upper Deck really stepped up their game so maybe having Panini around pushed them to do so.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

I think Panini is doing well. After the expo, ebay is full of those overpriced 'no-one wants expo cards'

You guys wanna more goods which has ruined the whole market?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Will fix that for you....

Compared to what ITG and Upper Deck are doing at the show, this is a pretty weak effort by Panini. Unless there's more to come in the next 2-3 days from them, they're not putting forth a lot of incentive to people to stop by their booth Universal's booth and bust product.

My understanding is Panini isn't showing up. They're sending a bunch of low end sets to Universal, to give away on their behalf.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think Panini is doing well. After the expo, ebay is full of those overpriced 'no-one wants expo cards'

You guys wanna more goods which has ruined the whole market?

I think that history will show that in-demand players who get nice, limited edition cards produced for the Expo will always attract attention. Try to find a Carey Price Team Canada Priority Signings from a couple years ago for less than $150, as just one example. Do some of the /75 Priority Signings maybe not get a lot of love? Sure. But it's still a better reward for people who travel to the show and show their support for the card companies by purchasing boxes of wax than what is being offered here.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

How about those ITG expo cards Richard, you always praising them. I know that UD priority signing cards always doing well. It is a good program. But less is better anyway if you compare those hundreds of ITG expo cards.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I would even say that Panini has put forth a much stronger set of product releases in 12-13 so far, while UD has cooled off significantly... and yet this 10-card set that Panini is having Universal give away on their behalf, is worse than the 15-card National Hockey Card Day sets UD gives away annually (for free). Seriously, even if I was given a 10-card set for free, would I even care, or have a purpose for it?

Harri, I also happen to like the ITG redemption cards from the expos. ITG always has a very strong presence at the Expo. Lots of vintage memorabilia on display to drool over, games to play, lots of free prizes being given away, they're the only ones who specifically set something up to cater to the kids who are there, and any collector who wishes to walk up to Dr.Price and have a conversation is free/able to do so. The cards themselves offer the kind of variety you'd expect. Not everyone is going to walk away with a free Jacques Plante GU card.... but some will.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about those ITG expo cards Richard, you always praising them. I know that UD priority signing cards always doing well. It is a good program. But less is better anyway if you compare those hundreds of ITG expo cards.

Harri

Indeed, how about them?

I have, and will continue to do so on a consistent basis, praised the card companies in any area where they make an extra effort to reward their customers for their loyalty and, in the case of the Expo redemptions, their hard-earned hobby dollars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast