Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

weird ebay trend i have been noticing

i have been seeing people with auctions that have more then one bidder, one person will honestly be bidding and the other will place a high bid to see where the high bidders max is then retract the bid then become the 2nd high bidder so they can see how cheap they can get it for. its happened on 3 things i have been watching and it makes honest sellers look like shill bidders.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Bonesp5speed's Items on eBay

had this happen on a few of my auctions. terribly annoying.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fernelly0's Items on eBay

Wow that's messed up, I didn't know you could do that....does make things look shady.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Pheonix Suns
    See thepriest21's Items on eBay

eBay should disable retracting bids then.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See huskerbaseball1's Items on eBay

I've had it done a couple times on mine in the last month. As soon as a bid is retracted I block the bidder from bidding on any of my items, shows them you know what they're doing and also shows Ebay it's not you.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

I've had it done a couple times on mine in the last month. As soon as a bid is retracted I block the bidder from bidding on any of my items, shows them you know what they're doing and also shows Ebay it's not you.

very good idea..im gonna start doing this as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

this happen with me on some gold coins i was buying i was i was winning then this guy put in 5bids to see how high my bids are...then retracted them and then put a bid in for $1 higher then 5sec before it was over...p.s he got $1500 in gold coins for $160 i was not happy i did report it to ebay......i think it should be if you in a bid on something and retract it you can not bid on it again that would help with this abit