Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kings suspend C DeMarcus Cousins indefinitely

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-s...7763--nba.html

DeMarcus Cousins was suspended indefinitely by the Sacramento Kings on Saturday for ''unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team.''

Cousins and Kings coach Keith Smart exchanged words in the locker room during halftime of Sacramento's 97-85 loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night. Smart benched Cousins for the entire second half and ordered him to remain in the locker room.

Cousins also was suspended one game without pay by the NBA for striking O.J. Mayo in the groin during a loss at Dallas on Dec. 10. Following a loss at San Antonio on Nov. 9, the league suspended Cousins two games without pay for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliott in a ''hostile manner.''

''We're trying to set a standard here, and when guys move below that standard, things are going to take place,'' Smart said after the game in Los Angeles. ''We'll just move on to the next game and I'll make some decisions from there.''

Cousins, drafted fifth overall in 2010, took responsibility for the incident after the game. The 22-year-old center is averaging a team-high 16.6 points and 9.5 rebounds to go with 2.1 assists and 1.3 steals per game this season.

''What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. But I was wrong. I was wrong,'' said Cousins, who scored nine points in 20 minutes. ''I'm a player that definitely wants to win every night, and I'm an emotional player. That's never going to change. But I shouldn't have responded back. Something was said, and I just should have stayed quiet. Is it a humbling thing? Yeah, I will say that. I mean, I messed up and I apologize to my teammates for responding the way I did and I'll move on from it.''

Cousins' behavior has been well documented going back to high school and his one season at Kentucky.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Can't blame the coach this time right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

Celtics should try to grab him since this is lowest the asking price will be.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @Brentmills15

Hate seeing Wildcats get into these things.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

Hate seeing Wildcats get into these things.

He behaved better in college!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This kid has all the talent in the world but he also has a lot of growing up to do. Sacramento should assign a mentor for him.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @Brentmills15

He behaved better in college!!!

He may have, but he still was trouble back then.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

This kid has all the talent in the world but he also has a lot of growing up to do. Sacramento should assign a mentor for him.

Didn't they bring in one of his HS coaches for that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

This guy has tremendous talent on the court, but just poor judgmental skills. The NBA need to implement something similar to like how the NFL did to Dez Bryant to keep him on track.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I always think these guys could use a dose of reality and a good helping of humble pie. Kudos to the coach for yanking him and setting an example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast