Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will this work

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

How will this work

so if a state passes laws on marijuana and they are against federal laws, the feds can come in and bust you, and even though you were within state laws you are in big trouble and the state seems to get a free pass, though they allowed it.

so if a state legalizes gay marriage and it is against federal law (which it is) can the feds come in and bust the people who are married, the state for recognizing it, or the people who signed the license?

just read a big story about the guy in Montana and it got me thinking. here's an older article about it

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and...9bb2963f4.html

any ideas?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

They could "bust" people for gay marriage. Although the Supreme Court, is likely to take one of the cases in their next term and make a decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Yeah I've been wondering what side Republicans take on this. Most of them are anti-marijuana legalization, but pro-states rights.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Yes in theory the feds could bust you for weed. Not likely thought. The feds are not going to bust you for a gay marriage because even though the marriage is not legally recognized by federal law to gays are not breaking any laws by living together as a married couple.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

California noticed this problem when medicinal was passed and the compassion clubs started popping up.
    From what I saw on NatGeo on the subject, a few people got busted under federal law but mostly it was ignored.
    I'm actually in a similar situation myself. Medicinal marijuana is perfectly legal in Canada, but where I live is technically native reserve and they make their own laws and have reverted back to the law as it e listed before medicinal marijuana was passed. A lot of people who live on this reserve have "green cards" and haven't been busted. The Band Council says it's just to target growers on their land. But as the law is written the government card doesn't exist and "cultivation, possession and use are strictly forbidden" on this band's land.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would they not be breaking tax laws?

and why are the states never in trouble for enabling their residents to break federal law, which supercedes state laws?

and the guy in Montana is looking to be in big trouble, big trouble.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What will be really interesting will be if BC decides to legalize. Liquor is legal on both sides and you can transport across the border, but weed? Will that force the countries to leave it up to states/ provinces and make transport across lines between areas where it's legal possible? Or will marijuana still be, in the eyes of the law, to remain where it was cultivated?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Would they not be breaking tax laws?

and why are the states never in trouble for enabling their residents to break federal law, which supercedes state laws?

and the guy in Montana is looking to be in big trouble, big trouble.

I'm not a tax expert but I don't think that the IRS would accept their tax returns if they file them as married but I could be wrong. If they file their taxes incorrectly then they would have an issue with the IRS not for having a gay marriage but for filing a fradulent tax return.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know for a fact your federal return does not allow gay marriage, it is against federal law.

the weird thing is, if you cannot do it federally and federal beats out all state laws, how could you do it per state or city?

They need to get rid of the federal laws before you can do anything at the state level, or why have state laws that differ?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Feds don't have the time or the manpower to break into people's dwelling on Friday nights only to discover a room full of contented adults all transfixed to a riveting Television Movie with no audio coming from the contraption.

The things that humans took as social forwardness smoking and drinking alcohol really put Western society on the dumbed-down list for close to 150 years and is still doing so today. Single digit IQ people get hammered daily and drive, and or smoke cigarettes to excess thinking that they are just so damn cool.....

I loved the old advertisements in both women's and men's magazines from the late 50's, and from early television.

More Doctors prefer Camels.

http://www.tressugar.com/Flashback-9...-Camels-316927

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast