Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So I did the math.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I did the math.....

Let's assume you live to be 85 years old. That's 2,680,560,000 seconds. God can't give me 300 of those seconds? Since God can be all places at once it should be no problem for God to take physical form and give me 5 minutes of his/her/its time out of 85 years to have an actual conversation with me. I don't want money, card, mansions or anything materialistic, I would just want to know why I'm here, what my purpose is and what can I do to make the world a better place. That's not a lot to ask for and I find it pretty pathetic that he won't give me 5 minutes out of an entire lifetime.

So my question is: Why praise someone that won't make time for you?
    Last edited by shrewsbury; 03-05-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: language

SCF Rewards
    Country

That math is not including leap year LOL, so add 1,814,440 seconds.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country
    See SHLBYSALEN's Items on eBay

MAYBE He did and you were not paying attention long enough to notice.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Maybe him just telling you would defeat the purpose of the lesson.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

or free will

SCF Rewards
    Country

MAYBE He did and you were not paying attention long enough to notice.

God is an all knowing supreme being. He knows what I can see, hear and and understand. God chooses not to make time for me.

And what lesson is that? I'm less worthy because I am unsure of God's existence. He's testing all of us? It's a game I'm suppose to play?

????? What is the point of this statement? This would be an ok statement if our souls burning in fire for all eternity for being unsure of an historical event that may or may not have happened 2000 years ago. Remember there is a very, very serious consequence for the wrong choice in free will if everything in the bible is true.

5 minutes out of an entire lifetime is not too much to ask for. Just think about it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Same thing?
    And what lesson is that? I'm less worthy because I am unsure of God's existence. He's testing all of us? It's a game I'm suppose to play?

I'm not going to sit here and say I know what the meaning of life is, however, the "answers" you listed have nothing to do with your question or anything I said. Why ask the question if you're not going to give the answer real thought?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Same thing?

I'm not going to sit here and say I know what the meaning of life is, however, the "answers" you listed have nothing to do with your question or anything I said. Why ask the question if you're not going to give the answer real thought?

Fair enough. I will back track. I would like to ask you what the purpose of god's lesson is? I thought about this my whole life. I think most people have. It's the #1 question for us as a species, isn't it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

perhaps you should become more confident in yourself, you don't need a supreme being who may or may not exist to answer this, you are capable of learning, but don't expect the answer to be given to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

if you accept the idea of God being the king and creator of all things (if not, that's fine, but for our purposes here, assume that is true), who are we to demand God give us time and attention beyond what he has already done by sending his son.

Do I get to demand that the president of the US give me his time? I mean if he expects my loyalty he owes me something right? If he expects me to follow his laws he owes me right? We take this attitude with no one but God. Applying it to our life on earth we see how ridiculous a demand it is and yet people still think it is a rational demand to make of God.

Your original question was why praise someone who won't make time for you. If you believe in the biblical account of Jesus, God has done more than just make time for us. He sent his son to teach us (answer questions about what to do with our lives) and die for us so that we may be with him in Heaven. That is so much more than giving each individual a few minutes of his time. I would think that is much more praise worthy than if he showed up at my house for a little Q and A.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast