Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Those are social issues. Disease and public safety are social issues, not legal ones.

Which is why it's perfectly legal to knowingly spread HIV without telling your partners, right?

Also, how do we deal with social issues as a society? Oh yeah...LAW

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's a solution, how about the government gets its nose out of marriage completely, it never belonged there anyways. If the government got out of marriage completely I have no problem with a same sex couple finding a church that would marry them, or performing their own wedding. I really couldn't care less.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

explain to me how gay marriage being illegal is the law having nothing to do with marriage, Jay.

how is it illegal? it is just not recognized by the feds or most states.

with your post i would assume that those states that allow gay marriage and gay people marry there, they are illegals and will be caught and punished?

no

the feds and other states do not recognize it, big difference.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Which is why it's perfectly legal to knowingly spread HIV without telling your partners, right?

Also, how do we deal with social issues as a society? Oh yeah...LAW

You are comparing two different things. Spreading HIV directly results in someone's death.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

Here's a solution, how about the government gets its nose out of marriage completely, it never belonged there anyways. If the government got out of marriage completely I have no problem with a same sex couple finding a church that would marry them, or performing their own wedding. I really couldn't care less.

bingo.. now apply this to drug law, abortion, contraception, etc and we might actually start figuring out the real issues the country faces!

SCF Rewards
    Country

how is it illegal? it is just not recognized by the feds or most states.

with your post i would assume that those states that allow gay marriage and gay people marry there, they are illegals and will be caught and punished?

no

the feds and other states do not recognize it, big difference.

You really aren't gonna go the "it isn't illegal unless you can be arrested for it" bs are you?

It's not legal to drive without car insurance.. but you still can do it without being arrested.
    It's not legal to jay walk.. when was the last jaywalker put on trial?
    Until the 1990's it was illegal to have sodomy sexual relations... ever been arrested for sleeping with your wife? lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are comparing two different things. Spreading HIV directly results in someone's death.

and driving 200mph or having nuclear weapons do not?!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

bingo.. now apply this to drug law, abortion, contraception, etc and we might actually start figuring out the real issues the country faces!

Lets also apply it to gun ownership and paychecks (taxes). Just like you guys on the left are tired of being told what you can do, what you can have and what you are allowed to do or not do that makes you happy so are we.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

and driving 200mph or having nuclear weapons do not?!

No. Driving 200 MPH happens every single day on the Autobahn without people dying (the Autobahn has a 27% lower vehicle death rate than the US) and I could have a nuke sitting in my closet for 50 years and it never kill a single person.

Can these things result in death? Sure. But they do not automatically result in death. Giving someone HIV/AIDS almost always does.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lets also apply it to gun ownership and paychecks (taxes). Just like you guys on the left are tired of being told what you can do, what you can have and what you are allowed to do or not do that makes you happy so are we.

taxes will be argued about until the day we die. I could name you 100 things you would never want to cut, but you will still scream "we need to cut spending"... lets not go there

Guns? are you kidding me? you honestly think weapons with the sole purpose of killing should not be regulated?!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast