Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Ohio county takes 200 pound boy from mother

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Good. That is neglect/child abuse.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Every state should do this. She was putting her son's health/life in danger.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I'll actually play devils advocate on this. I get that it's bad for the kid and that the parent should be more responsible, but is taking a kid away from his family the solution? If you were the kid would you want to be ripped out of your home and placed in foster care?

I'm not sure but is this kid's home life pretty good outside of this issue? Maybe the answer is educating the parents/parent to help rectify the issue rather than taking him out of his home. I definitely see both sides and would hope that a parent would want to have their kids be at a healthy weight, but what's the line of when the state should take children. Should they take a kid that's 20 lbs over weight? 50? 100? At what point does the state step in and take children.

I think a better solution would be to step in and help educate rather than just grab the kids as if they were in eminent danger. I get that it's dangerous to be that overweight especially as a child, but surely there are better solutions than this.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

200 lbs at age 8 would fall into the category of res ipsa loquitur in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I definitely see that side. I guess I'd like to know what sort of help did/are the mother and child getting along with separating them?

it said that they worked hard with the family for 20 months. I wonder what that "work" was.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Every parent with a fat kid needs a reality check.........

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

I definitely see that side. I guess I'd like to know what sort of help did/are the mother and child getting along with separating them?

it said that they worked hard with the family for 20 months. I wonder what that "work" was.

For 20 months at an average loss of let's say 5 pounds a month to be conservative he could've been down to 100 pounds,trust me these people that say they were helping are even more guilty,as they probably were receiving a nice paycheck for accomplishing nothing.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I didn't see any mention of it in the article. I wonder if the kid has been tested for a thyroid problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Good. That is neglect/child abuse.

+1. It's the responsibility of the parent to provide a sensible diet for the child, and if there is some kind of legit medical problem (thyroid, etc), to address it with a medical professional and work on a plan to get it under control if possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast