Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I read Dan Wetzel's column on this when the story first came out, and read his article after the trial was complete. Really sickening display of a lack of concern for other people, and all the kids that let it happen deserve whatever punishments they receive.

Also have to look at the culture that these kids are being raised in. From what Wetzel wrote on yahoo, these kids basically got away with anything because they played Football, that's just so wrong.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Should have been charged in adult court and given a mandatory 12 year sentence, no parole. General population as well, no favoritism shown.

Their sentence is a laughable joke.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not blaming the victim for being violated or anything but she did make poor choices by drinking under the age of 21 and did break the law by doing so. If she wouldn't have been drinking would any of this had happened. I think that she should be required to go to drug and alcohol counseling and have to pay a fine to help the state with the cost of the investigation, trail and arrest of her accusers.

Ah yes because these were just two fine young gentlemen who turned into wild rapists because they saw a drunk girl.

Also have to look at the culture that these kids are being raised in. From what Wetzel wrote on yahoo, these kids basically got away with anything because they played Football, that's just so wrong.

Basically. You treat the major league athletes like gods and get them off of jail time for breaking the law on everything because sports is so important to this country and we don't care about the victims because they don't sell a jersey, aren't on fantasy football teams, and don't have athletic ability. If these kids were stand out math students they wouldn't be getting 1% of the support that these kids got.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Not blaming the victim for being violated or anything but she did make poor choices by drinking under the age of 21 and did break the law by doing so. If she wouldn't have been drinking would any of this had happened. I think that she should be required to go to drug and alcohol counseling and have to pay a fine to help the state with the cost of the investigation, trail and arrest of her accusers.

I'm shocked!! This has got to be the most disgusting thing I have ever heard on this site. You are NOT blaming her BUT feel she should have to PAY for being VIOLATED???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm shocked!! This has got to be the most disgusting thing I have ever heard on this site. You are NOT blaming her BUT feel she should have to PAY for being VIOLATED???

Last time I checked the consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 is illegal in the United States. It is illegal for situations like this. A minor is not mature enought to handle alcohol. No one is saying that this girl deserved to be sexually abused or that the boys were in their right to do so but would we even be having this discussion if she would have said no to alcohol in the first place?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Last time I checked the consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 is illegal in the United States. It is illegal for situations like this. A minor is not mature enought to handle alcohol. No one is saying that this girl deserved to be sexually abused or that the boys were in their right to do so but would we even be having this discussion if she would have said no to alcohol in the first place?

Would you have every minor present punished or just the one who was raped?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would you have every minor present punished or just the one who was raped?

The law calls for penalties for underaged consumption of alcohol. If you get caught drinking under the age of 21 you should be subject to penalties. If a crime occurs because of your underaged drinking all parties involved should be punished.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The law calls for penalties for underaged consumption of alcohol. If you get caught drinking under the age of 21 you should be subject to penalties. If a crime occurs because of your underaged drinking all parties involved should be punished.

So you just want to punish a rape victim and make her pay for the trial. I assume if she can't afford the trial you think her attackers should go free too.

What if she wasn't a minor? Would you still be for punishing a woman for being raped?
    I don't know if you know this, but while common sense tells us there are decisions that can avoid this, we also live in a society where there is zero reasonable expectation of being raped regardless of your current inebriation. That means that no matter what, rape is never the victims fault. Does she share some personal blame? Sure, just like the gang member whose kid got shot. But legal? That's just sick.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you just want to punish a rape victim and make her pay for the trial. I assume if she can't afford the trial you think her attackers should go free too.

What if she wasn't a minor? Would you still be for punishing a woman for being raped?
    I don't know if you know this, but while common sense tells us there are decisions that can avoid this, we also live in a society where there is zero reasonable expectation of being raped regardless of your current inebriation. That means that no matter what, rape is never the victims fault. Does she share some personal blame? Sure, just like the gang member whose kid got shot. But legal? That's just sick.

Obviously she does not have the means to pay for the trial but she needs to be taught a lesson about making responsible choices. I don't see what's wrong with making her take some type of drug/alcohol course because a crime was committed partly because of her underaged drinking.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Obviously she does not have the means to pay for the trial but she needs to be taught a lesson about making responsible choices. I don't see what's wrong with making her take some type of drug/alcohol course because a crime was committed partly because of her underaged drinking.

You don't think BEING RAPED was lesson enough?
    And there's nothing wrong with a course, so long as those two boys, everyone who watched or shared pictures and everyone else who was there at any point of the night has to do the same.

Otherwise you're punishing her for being a victim. Thats just disgusting. I'm glad this is the internet because I couldn't even look at you right now. Disgusting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast