Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals New York Rangers NULL

Cardboard on the Big Screen

I am starting a collection of cards that were actually shown in the movies and on TV. I have a few but they are not scanned yet. I will probably scan them some time this month. I thought this specific genre might be interesting to pursue. Any additional help is useful and will be appreciated. Please note I am not going after movie-made cards like Mr.Baseball's Jack Elliot. I am only going after the movies/shows that used the actual cards as a prop.

TV
    ST:TNG "The Most Toys" - 1962 Topps Roger Maris

Movies
    "Diminished Capacity" - T206 Wildfire Schulte, 1976 Topps Ken Reitz

"Needful Things" - 1956 Topps Sandy Koufax (incoming) (note: I know in the movie the card was replaced by a 1956 Topps Mantle, but I will stay with King's version of the story)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fifthcup90's Items on eBay

Interesting project. You may know this already, but the movie "Mask" with Cher features a collection of the boy's Brooklyn Dodgers, and it seems to me one particular card is given as a present but I don't recall who. Good luck with this, sounds like a fun hunt. And, if I'm not mistaken, the collection is displayed on his cork bulletin board, with cards posted with push-pins -- OUCH! I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by kurri17; 09-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    I collect: Kurri, '70s Kelloggs and Topps hockey(also OPC), football, and baseball cards, vintage stars and World Series subset cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

Towards the ending of Good Will Hunting when Robin Williams' character is in his office talking with another character about leaving there is a shot of the wall behind or near his desk and he has a bunch of vintage Topps cards. don't remember which ones or years but it's a great shot. Pause that scene and go get em!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country

Interesting project. You may know this already, but the movie "Mask" with Cher features a collection of the boy's Brooklyn Dodgers, and it seems to me one particular card is given as a present but I don't recall who. Good luck with this, sounds like a fun hunt. And, if I'm not mistaken, the collection is displayed on his cork bulletin board, with cards posted with push-pins -- OUCH! I could be wrong though.

1955 Topps Rube Walker

Thanx!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country

Towards the ending of Good Will Hunting when Robin Williams' character is in his office talking with another character about leaving there is a shot of the wall behind or near his desk and he has a bunch of vintage Topps cards. don't remember which ones or years but it's a great shot. Pause that scene and go get em!!

I'll have to get the DVD or Prime it on my Kindle.

And thanx!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

1952 Topps Andy Pafko was in "Cop Out" with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan. If I do remember, the Pafko card was stolen and was a big part of the film.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country

1952 Topps Andy Pafko was in "Cop Out" with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan. If I do remember, the Pafko card was stolen and was a big part of the film.

What was the condition of that card in the movie? And thanx!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It was in Mint condition. Bruce Willis was going to sell the card to pay for his daughter's wedding.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country

It was in Mint condition. Bruce Willis was going to sell the card to pay for his daughter's wedding.

I can't do that!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cwazzy34's Items on eBay

Dustin Hoffman's character in Rainman has a backpack full. Don't remember if you can actually see what cards they are, though.

And I'm glad you're sticking with the book version of Needful Things. Are you going to buy it autographed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast