Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

I do just hope these were hand packed well, some scary cards to pull, like a 92-93 Upper Deck Adam Deadmarsh RC, resale value of about 0.05$, with the ITG slab maybe 1 - 2$

Exactly what I was thinking after checking the checklist. I hope to god the packs were hand packed (were they?), cause if I do pull a Darren Pang rookie, a buyback daze/sullivan whatever, a gilmour auto etc, I hope one card will be super. But if I look at that stuff on ebay now, and if that's from a case, it scares the heck out of me. The artwork painted cards are awesome, hats off Brian for those! Beautiful, I love art in cards. But the rest, well, old stuff slabbed, I don't know. What I can tell reading the checklist HoH seems like a huge gambling product, which will please all the gamling collectors out there (and there's just more and more of those). My guess is HoH will contain the most valuable cards you can pull in a modern product, not even a Nuge shield in the Cup will compare with some of the rookies in this one. You can really win the lottery big time. So folks who want that, congrats, it's a killer product for you.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

I've stayed relatively quiet about this recently because I didn't know how to address this product. I wanted a version of Leaf's Best of Baseball or Best of Football, and that's exactly what this is, just a slightly different structure.

The product is about the history of not only the game, but of collecting. It has a variety of years and designs, and it's got unique aspects to it that few products can touch IMO. At the end of the day, this product will received mixed reviews, but it is a niche product. It's not going to please everyone; it's in no way, shape, or form a product for everyone. It may not have the highest of resale value and it may not have the best monetary value on an average break. What it is is a time capsule of not only the history of the game itself, but the history of collecting. It highlights many years of collecting and what it's evolved into. It highlights the chase of the elusive rookie card. It highlights everyone who has mailed/taken a card of their favourite player to get an autograph from them. It highlights significant moments in hockey history from the Miracle on Ice to the dawning of the first goalie mask. It highlights the history of In The Game. Each of those 4 cards in a box has a story behind it, and it's up to you to not only share it, but to write another chapter.

Well said.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (69)
    Country
    See na's Items on eBay

History of Hockey is an interesting idea....but for me, the art cards are the only thing I would consider snagging

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seeing some of the stuff popping up on The Bay... I gotta say, "What the fudge, Dr. Price. How do you sleep at night?"
    "On a giant bed of money."
    "Anchi-wa-waaaa!!"

But seriously. 10 cent rookies and auto'd cards being slabbed and included in this product? Not cool, man. Not cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bobbybruins's Items on eBay

Unfortunately, the only guarantee winner out of any product are the company making the cards. This is not ITG's fault, they produce want the people want. Many times that includes the player selecting.

Me personally, what I would love to see is a company not take a lost but close. What I mean about this is produce a product that you can almost guarantee say $50 a card on average. Four cards max then selling it at say $100 bucks. That would innovating.

Seeing some of the stuff popping up on The Bay... I gotta say, "What the fudge, Dr. Price. How do you sleep at night?"
    "Anchi-wa-waaaa!!"

But seriously. 10 cent rookies and auto'd cards being slabbed and included in this product? Not cool, man. Not cool.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

"Anchi-wa-waaaa!!"

I'll simply copy and paste this comment from Dr. Price:
    Quote Originally Posted by bprice
    You can't put in a product Vezina, Orr, Hull, Howe, Sawchuk, Plante, Gretzky rookies without other lesser cards. I think that should be obvious.

Or maybe not.

Brian Price

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid man.

This product is littered with 90's flea market junk. This might be one of those products of theirs that just leaves another huge furball in the mouths of the loyalists.

I think he has it figured out how much money he's making without quoting nonsense like that.

I'll simply copy and paste this comment from Dr. Price:

Last edited by jonpop; 12-15-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: cant spell

SCF Rewards
    Country

This argument is useless. It's all worthless cardboard no matter who printed the picture on it. If you don't want to gamble then don't buy a box, it's that simple. You negative people really ruin the hobby for everyone else. Just shut up already.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Collect what you like
    Last edited by guy3050; 12-31-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: just trying to keep things positive

SCF Rewards
    Country

This will not be a popular post, but this a hockey card forum and I am allowed to my personnal opinion...

What's the point with sharing your "personnal opinion" if it's full of negativity and offers no useful/constructive criticism?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast