Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@tnelson199310

Sweet man and I've yet to pull any rubio lol. Anyways I can get u a lot of road teams cards. I wish I could do something like this but the garden is like 3 hrs away!!! The best player from where I live is jimmer and he's hard to even see bc he's in la.....

BANNED

Country

Sweet man and I've yet to pull any rubio lol. Anyways I can get u a lot of road teams cards. I wish I could do something like this but the garden is like 3 hrs away!!! The best player from where I live is jimmer and he's hard to even see bc he's in la.....

That sucks! I know how that is. I went to college in Fargo, ND for a year. 4 hours away from the Twin Cities, so I came home once all year, for xmas break. There was nothing to graph up there. They have an independent league hockey team, a independent league baseball team and one of the top FCS football teams in the nation. I worked with the football team, and a few of the guys I knew on the team went pro, still a couple more there that could, too, when they graduate. I graphed one concert the whole 9 months up there. got like 3 signatures. Haha

If you want though, I'm def willing to get you any Wolves players, you may want, this year. I'm going to be going so often, I'm sure I will get all my cards signed and my floorboard done by January. Haha Just lmk if there is anyone you want and I'll do my best to help you out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll take u up on that. I can actually help u out. There's a game where I live, Albany NY in our area and I'm going! It's the KNICKS vs Celtics so if u need any players signatures lmk and send me cards ud like to get signed. That's about the only game that will be around here though, but this will be my 1st time trying to get autos. Do u have any suggestions? I've never done this, but I don't really know what to do. I've only saw ur posts and that's my experience with ip signing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also should I get them to sign good rcs like a topps chrome for rondo?

BANNED

Country

I'll take u up on that. I can actually help u out. There's a game where I live, Albany NY in our area and I'm going! It's the KNICKS vs Celtics so if u need any players signatures lmk and send me cards ud like to get signed. That's about the only game that will be around here though, but this will be my 1st time trying to get autos. Do u have any suggestions? I've never done this, but I don't really know what to do. I've only saw ur posts and that's my experience with ip signing.

That is a very generous offer, but I will pass. This is a rare chance for you, so you hold on to whatever you get. I'll have my chances this year. But thanks for the offer.

As for advice, it's tough cause I have never graphed either team or been to the arena this will be at. My best advice would be to 1. Find out in advance when the gates open and get there a little beforehand 2. find out in advance which side each team's tunnel is at and go directly to the team you want's tunnel. 3. IF possible, wait for the scratches. Also, if your able to you can also call around to the ritzy hotels in the area and ask for an assistant trainer, or small unknown staff member that travels with the team. If they forward you, hang up immediately and you now know where, whichever team you looking for, is staying. Not sure how easy that one will be. It's tough in MSP cause there is a lot of nice hotels downtown, close to all the stadiums, and the people who do know the info are selfish and never willing to share it.

That's really a personal prefrence. When I get cards of players, I usually get my favorite or best looking one signed first then, if I have multiples and get other chances for that player, I get my next fav signed, and down until the player is gone or they are all signed.

Just make sure to be smart with your sharpies, I've had a few not turn out as well as I thought/hoped, just cause a card wasn't as light or dark as it seemed, etc. Also rub down any cards that are glossy. Even slightly, better safe than sorry. Good luck and I am excited to hear how you do.

As for me I've got another Wolves game tonight!! I will be graphing the Wolves the whole time, since I don't want or need anyone from Maccabi Hafia (Isreal).
    Last edited by Autofreak2842; 10-16-2012 at 12:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Yeah to piggy back on it, if I can I don't like prepping cards so I use a non glossy card such as adrenalyn xl, nba hoops, ud 1st edition, 08/09 fleer, SI Kids, etc for IP autos. Topps from 04-06/07 usually work ok but occasionaly the auto will smear. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

How should I "prep" the cards? Just wipe them off or what? Also with the scratched players do they come out later or what? Also when standing near the tunnel should I go for the warm ups so that they have a chance to sign? Thx for the help, both of u.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also Gl at signing at the wolves game!

BANNED

Country

Yeah to piggy back on it, if I can I don't like prepping cards so I use a non glossy card such as adrenalyn xl, nba hoops, ud 1st edition, 08/09 fleer, SI Kids, etc for IP autos. Topps from 04-06/07 usually work ok but occasionaly the auto will smear. Good luck and keep us posted.

I agree. I hate prepping cards, too. I prefer pannini for basketball.

How should I "prep" the cards? Just wipe them off or what? Also with the scratched players do they come out later or what? Also when standing near the tunnel should I go for the warm ups so that they have a chance to sign? Thx for the help, both of u.

Prepping is a personal preference really, but I use a white eraser and just lightly go over the card with the eraser for a couple of minutes. I have also used my figners, to rub the card, when I have forgotten an eraser and whatever. Scratched players usually do come out later, and are the injured players, who aren't playing and are dressed in nicer street clothes. You may not be able to wait for the them. You can at Wolves game cause they let you go right into the tunnel. And yes, get there as early as possible. Even a little before the gates open, if able.
    Also Gl at signing at the wolves game!

Thanks! I did good, recap coming below.

BANNED

Country

Wolves game went great last night. Got 5 autos (most I've ever gotten pre game). I usually only get 3, cause the gates only open a hour before tip off.

I got down to the tunnel right away. Lou Amundson ran by the 4 of us down there and just said "hey". Then Greg Stiesma came and signed for the 4 of us. I got him on a Wolves floorboard. Kevin Love just came by and gave us high fives, which was still kind of cool, cause he usually doesn't even do that. Wish he would of signed though, with it being such a small group. Then as they came by I got assistant coaches Terry Porter and Jack Sikma on my floorboard.

I then waited for the scratches. Rubio was the only one tonight. So I got him. The card turned out amazing, imo. And I got a pic with, but like the June 2011 one it is blurry.

Then when waiting for Rubio. I saw Lynx player Taj McWilliams-Franklin and got her on a Lynx floorboard I brought, cause half the team was at the last game. Haha The floorboard was signed by Monica Wright, Maya Moore and Seimone Augustus at a game earlier this year.

I also saw Vikings DL Kevin Williams while waiting for Rubio, but I didn't have anything for him, so I just said "what's up" and "good luck this weekend" to him and he replied with a "Hey how's it going bud" and "Thank you". Haha

Also Brandon Roy gave me the best high 5 I've ever gotten. Haha He legit wound back and gave me a high 5 like you would a teammate or friend if you were celebrating. Haha

Idk what will be next, yet, but hopefully it will be something good, soon. Probably another Wolves game. Tix on Stubhub are a steal right now.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast