Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikebraycomics's Items on eBay

I just took a 5` x 7` envelope - one card in toploader in team bag with thin cardboard wrapped around and taped up -- and my cost -- $1.10 to canada --- she looked at the weight - which was one ounce - and slapped a global international stamp on it and gave me my receipt ----

here is what I just read on the USPS website --

"In 2013, the U.S. Postal Service introduces Global Forever®, a new international rate stamp. The Global Forever® stamp offers a single price for any First-Class Mail International 1-ounce letter to any country in the world. For the January 27, 2013, price change, the Global Forever® stamp may also be used to mail a 2-ounce letter to Canada."

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tried a third PO today and still nothing. At this point there's nothing close enough to me to warrant trying anymore.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Tried a third PO today and still nothing. At this point there's nothing close enough to me to warrant trying anymore.

You have to fight like a wildcat to get them to listen. They have a non-machinable button on their screen for this. Tell the clerk to use the damn thing. They automatically think that everything that is not white is not an envelope.

A bubble envelope is still an envelope, not a package.

Remember - NO CUSTOMS FORM. a Customs Form auto defaults to International Package.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's not worth making a scene over it. I asked if it could go nonmachinable and was told no and I wasn't going to sit there and argue with an old woman in public over $3. I'll just resort to cutting down on smaller trades to Canada.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

It's not worth making a scene over it. I asked if it could go nonmachinable and was told no and I wasn't going to sit there and argue with an old woman in public over $3. I'll just resort to cutting down on smaller trades to Canada.

I dont think it about the scene its the fact that your losing twice here
    1st your overpaying to send out items
    2nd your losing out by not being able to trade with us Canadians

I guess ultimately its your choice, but I think the USPS is really making the choice for you

good luck

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess ultimately its your choice, but I think the USPS is really making the choice for you

good luck

jim

What am I going to do? They won't let me do it and I've done everything besides kicking and screaming.I'm not going to fight over something as trivial as this because when it comes down to it they refuse to let me do it regardless. It's easier to just buy cards anyway with all the lowball trades I receive on here nowadays.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

good luck

jim

I have to agree with Elias here short of telling them to charge this or else (yeah that will go over real well and help you out more) and causing a scene. There's not much he can do. I refuse to make a scene over something like this as it is not worth it. It's his choice in order to send to canada not USPS.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

I have to agree with Elias here short of telling them to charge this or else (yeah that will go over real well and help you out more) and causing a scene. There's not much he can do. I refuse to make a scene over something like this as it is not worth it. It's his choice in order to send to canada not USPS.

there more you can do
    you can contact USPS head office and get more info and the exact rules of shipping, ask for written rules and guidelines for shipping.

it is your choice but when you give up trading to Canada because USPS is not doing what it is required to do, your leaving the choice to them

I hope you can get the answers you need from them and can continue to trade with Canadians

good luck
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

there more you can do
    you can contact USPS head office and get more info and the exact rules of shipping, ask for written rules and guidelines for shipping.

it is your choice but when you give up trading to Canada because USPS is not doing what it is required to do, your leaving the choice to them

I hope you can get the answers you need from them and can continue to trade with Canadians

good luck
    jim

stopped to drop some packages off and asked the regulations on what makes large envelope a package and was told rigidness or thickness and was given a sheet with it. So once again it's UP TO THE WORKER to decide what is rigid and what is too thick . There is no standard. So it YMMV on getting these rates so not every one will get it.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

stopped to drop some packages off and asked the regulations on what makes large envelope a package and was told rigidness or thickness and was given a sheet with it. So once again it's UP TO THE WORKER to decide what is rigid and what is too thick . There is no standard. So it YMMV on getting these rates so not every one will get it.

Mine are all traveling by Non-Machinable. Large Envelope is suppose to have all 3 of these criteria filled before it can go:

1. Over 11 inches long - nothing smaller can ship in this category
    2. Thicker than the smallest mail slot opening
    3. Uniform rigidity - a small top loader does not qualify for uniform overall rigidity as it's floppy - unless you put a 12 inch piece of cardboard into the envelope and completely fill it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast