Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist confessed Friday that Jordan beat him in a one-on-one game

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...9-one-one-game

Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist confessed Friday that Jordan beat him in a one-on-one game.

"It was hard for me," Kidd-Gilchrist, almost 20, told USA Today before the Rising Stars Challenge rookie-sophomore game at All-Star Weekend. "I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. ... He's the greatest man that ever played the game.

"Oh, yeah. He's good."

Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 9.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game this season.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

OM........mj rulz!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I wish there was a video of this because I am not 100% it happened and if I did, did MKG really D him up. Don't want to show up your boss.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wish there was a video of this because I am not 100% it happened and if I did, did MKG really D him up. Don't want to show up your boss.

It's true my friend :). I'll like to see as well, but doubt somebody would upload it haha

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's true my friend :). I'll like to see as well, but doubt somebody would upload it haha

Im a little more skeptical... Just seems a little far fetched to me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What? A 50 year old who is easily the greatest to play the game can not beat a 19 year old?

Just last year I had the pleasure of playing in the Staff vs. Students charity basketball game at the high school where I teach. Naturally the students fielded their entire male basketball team with a few female basketball team members seeded in for good measure. They bragged about how they were going to take us old, overweight, out-of-shape, staff members to school (we had 2 female staff members as well, one of which didn't even know how to play basketball). By the end of the first quarter we were up 13-7, halftime we led 23-12, end of the 3rd quarter we were up 39-18. There was no final score because they realized they were outclassed and threw in the towel (it was also time for buses LOL).

Age and experience always win out over youth and energy.

Jordan dominated guys like Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah Thomas and the entire NY Knicks during their 1990's playoff games. His entire career was one big domination of players who were the best. To think that he couldn't handle some inexperienced 19 year old who has 1 college season and less than a full pro season under his belt is off-base, in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I still believe that Jordan could be effective in today's NBA. Now he would be the leading scorer but could be an good 6th man or role player.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just don't think Jordan could handle a full NBA season. Could he help a team for a few games maybe. I just don't think he would have the conditions and lateral movement to be effective on defense. He is twice as old as half the league. He could still score I am sure, but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be shooting a high percentage unless he was really picky abou the shots he took. The fact we are having this conversation even shows how good Jordan was in his day. It's just not his time anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What? A 50 year old who is easily the greatest to play the game can not beat a 19 year old?

Just last year I had the pleasure of playing in the Staff vs. Students charity basketball game at the high school where I teach. Naturally the students fielded their entire male basketball team with a few female basketball team members seeded in for good measure. They bragged about how they were going to take us old, overweight, out-of-shape, staff members to school (we had 2 female staff members as well, one of which didn't even know how to play basketball). By the end of the first quarter we were up 13-7, halftime we led 23-12, end of the 3rd quarter we were up 39-18. There was no final score because they realized they were outclassed and threw in the towel (it was also time for buses LOL).

Age and experience always win out over youth and energy.

Jordan dominated guys like Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah Thomas and the entire NY Knicks during their 1990's playoff games. His entire career was one big domination of players who were the best. To think that he couldn't handle some inexperienced 19 year old who has 1 college season and less than a full pro season under his belt is off-base, in my opinion.

You beat high school kids? If so then they stink pretty bad. I can see you guys beating middle school kids but high school kids should be able to win almost all the time versus faculty.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I still believe that Jordan could be effective in today's NBA. Now he would be the leading scorer but could be an good 6th man or role player.

I agree. I think he could make a serious impact as a 6th man. Probably could average 10-15 points per game.

You beat high school kids? If so then they stink pretty bad. I can see you guys beating middle school kids but high school kids should be able to win almost all the time versus faculty.

We are just that dang good LOL. We had a game plan and we stuck to it. Play man2man, pressure the shooter and work for rebounds on defense. On offense we passed the ball at least 3 times before shooting and only took high percentage jump shots. No driving the lane, banging inside stuff. They did the exact opposite. On offense every kid had to be like Mike and tried to drive the lane for the big shot which regularly led to turnovers or bad shot selection. On defense they double-teamed the person with the ball and consistently left a shooter open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast