Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Hi,I used about 4 layers of card stock (from a craft store same thickness as a common base card) on these customs.I glued them together with a 1/8 in bleed for cutting all around the card.All the layers are cut together using a super sharp Gingher rotary hand cutter.None of the other ones would work right.It takes a bit of time and use getting used to.There was a pic on 1st page of the cutter but it's gone now.Checkout the how to thread as well on these.

I usually print my cards on card stock and then cut them using a Fisskar's cutter. I glue them using a stick to a cut-out piece of cardboard from a cereal box which is just smaller than the 2.5 x 3.5" card.

However even when there's almost no overlap, they never look that good. What material do you use and how do you get the cards to line up that evenly with that nice thickness? Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

A Fisskars cutter would not work for that? The rotary cutters seem a bit inaccurate if your hand slips thouhg....at least they would be for me since my hands are not as steady.

So if I were to do this with two sheets of card stock instead of four then I'm guessing what you do is glue the sheets of the card stock together first and then cut them into 2.5x.3.5" sections?

For now, I might stick to using cut out pieces of cereal boxes in between the front/back of the card but maybe I'll find a two-sided adhesive card stock or something one day.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

The friskars rotary cutter is stationary and would probably be fine for a 2 ply thickness but not much more as you also have to add the front and back photo paper.

I cut the cardstock just a little oversized so your really trimming rather than cutting thru such a wide piece of stock.

Right now I use a spray adhesive but it's really messy.I am trying differnt bonding agents when I can find them on sale.I have yet to find a cardstock like that but it would be nice.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where can I buy card stock and one of those cutters? How much do they cost?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

I have purchased the cardstock at Michaels craft store.As for the cutter.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GINGHER-ROTA...#ht_652wt_1142

Where can I buy card stock and one of those cutters? How much do they cost?

SCF Rewards
    Country

could you please give me a link for the cardstock?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

I didn't buy the cardstock online bud.
    could you please give me a link for the cardstock?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use the thinker parallel cards you often get in packs. Mostly of players I don't care for or if they are commons. Then just glue two of those together and you have a pretty thick card cut to the right size. then glue your front and back cards to those. That's how I make my booklet cards and they turn out pretty well.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

I use the thinker parallel cards you often get in packs. Mostly of players I don't care for or if they are commons. Then just glue two of those together and you have a pretty thick card cut to the right size. then glue your front and back cards to those. That's how I make my booklet cards and they turn out pretty well.

That's another way to go.It really depends on whats right for each individual.I like printing oversized and cutting them myself as I think it gives the card edges a more finished look and feel that I am after.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234