Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Ice-T does not think tighter gun laws will prevent mass shootings.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1120715

I got one word for Ice T.....

CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

He is correct. Criminals will get guns no matter what.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

that's a no brainer, didn't take a genius like ice t to figure it out

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

that's a no brainer, didn't take a genius like ice t to figure it out

No, but with every radical gun-owner-hating liberal in Hollywood jumping on a soapbox to protest the "evil guns" all of the time it is nice to occasionally see that someone in Hollywood isn't an full-blown blubbering idiot with no idea of what they are talking about.

Last edited by duane1969; 07-24-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think it's funny that the people who commit these sorts of crimes are usually after attention in some form for some reason and, all while knowing this, the media give them the attention they crave by reporting on it for days/weeks/months and we the public give it to them by watching and having to have the latest updates, not caring that it gives them what they wanted in the first place AND leads to misinformation being spread (like the Tea Party bit on ABC).

Maybe if we stopped giving these people exactly what they're looking for when they kill all these people and started giving more praise for good things that are done instead these types of crimes will finally stop. If something like this warrants 2-3 nights of basic coverage, it won't be worth it to commit the crime for attention.

Of course, the media will never stop reporting on these and we will never stop lapping it up, forcing more coverage, so these kinds of killings wil continue forever.

Maybe funny is the wrong word...sad and pathetic. I think it's sad and pathetic and I'm as guilty as anyone.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 07-24-2012 at 02:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it's funny that the people who commit these sorts of crimes are usually after attention in some form for some reason and, all while knowing this, the media give them the attention they crave by reporting on it for days/weeks/months and we the public give it to them by watching and having to have the latest updates, not caring that it gives them what they wanted in the first place AND leads to misinformation being spread (like the Tea Party bit on ABC).

Maybe if we stopped giving these people exactly what they're looking for when they kill all these people and started giving more praise for good things that are done instead these types of crimes will finally stop. If something like this warrants 2-3 nights of basic coverage, it won't be worth it to commit the crime for attention.

Of course, the media will never stop reporting on these and we will never stop lapping it up, forcing more coverage, so these kinds of killings wil continue forever.

Maybe funny is the wrong word...sad and pathetic. I think it's sad and pathetic and I'm as guilty as anyone.

If they want attention then fine give it to them. I say that we televise live their tourture and execution.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If they want attention then fine give it to them. I say that we televise live their tourture and execution.

That doesn't prevent it, that is pure retribution. Capital punishment is not a deterrent, especially for someone with the presumable mental issues the people who carry out these shooting would have. Your comment is shortsighted and purely vengeful at best.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That doesn't prevent it, that is pure retribution. Capital punishment is not a deterrent, especially for someone with the presumable mental issues the people who carry out these shooting would have. Your comment is shortsighted and purely vengeful at best.

As far as I am concerned, capital punishment is not intended as a deterent. It is a punishment. When you take a life you pay for it with your own.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

As far as I am concerned, capital punishment is not intended as a deterent. It is a punishment. When you take a life you pay for it with your own.

True enough, but we're talking about preventing this sort of thing, not punishing the perpetrators. If you want these killings to continue and you're happy just adding 1 more to the death toll then whatever, but you won't prevent a single one of these killings by simply killing whoever does it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

True enough, but we're talking about preventing this sort of thing, not punishing the perpetrators. If you want these killings to continue and you're happy just adding 1 more to the death toll then whatever, but you won't prevent a single one of these killings by simply killing whoever does it.

Duane bought up a good point yesterday. He said that there has never been a case of a person who has been executed ever committing another crime. If that is not enough of a deterent then I don't know what is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast