Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Country

paypal fees who pays buyer or seller?

i recently sold some cards on here for very cheap giving a guy a deal and pretty much lose money on it. and the paypal in question was subject to fees as he shipped it as a transaction ( not a problem ) but then he made it so i pay the fees on it.
    is it normal to make the buyer pay the fees or should the seller pay the fees. ( i always send cash and pay the fees on my end so the seller has the exact amount he requested for his cards) when is it ok for me to pay and when is it ok for me to pass the proverbial buck?

not mad just wanna know the proper procedure?
    this time its pennys but other times ive payed some big bucks on fees. and i find myself always on the paying end of fees.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure what you're asking, but as far as I know the seller always pays the fees.

BANNED

Country

ok , sounds good. thats what i was asking, :)

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

to be honest i don't like it when paypal takes from what is not theres
    but i guess thats the way it goes..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure what you're asking, but as far as I know the seller always pays the fees.

Why should the seller loose money? this is something that has to be agreed before the deal is made.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, don't crucify me, that's just the way paypal does it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See c_bass22's Items on eBay

That's the difference between gift and purchase
    Gift = the buyer pays the fees but is not protected if he doesn't receive the item

Purchase= the seller pays the fees but the buyer is protected if he doesn't receive his end of the deal, this the option you should select when paying on forums.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's the difference between gift and purchase
    Gift = the buyer pays the fees but is not protected if he doesn't receive the item

Purchase= the seller pays the fees but the buyer is protected if he doesn't receive his end of the deal, this the option you should select when paying on forums.

Funny i remember last time i sent payment as gift it still drawed fees, maybe it changed now?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See c_bass22's Items on eBay

Funny i remember last time i sent payment as gift it still drawed fees, maybe it changed now?

Drawed fees from who??

BANNED

Country

as far as i know when you send as a gift you decide who pays the fees. when you do it as a purchase it just comes off the sellers money. ( i just assumed on scf for a measley 13 dollar purchase a guy who haggles a guy down for six fwa , would be cool with sending gift and paying the 65 cents . so now im pretty much making a dollar a card. :) ) just seemed weird to me. p.s i think if you sell something super low end to someone it should be gifted and the buyer should pay the extra couple of quarters , as its prolly not worth the sellers time to package and ship that out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast