Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See orangecar02's Items on eBay

cyber monday deals at D&A are already available...

http://www.dacardworld.com/cyber-monday

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I did some midnight shopping on COMC - picked up 10 cards, all of which were marked down by at least 10% and some up to nearly 50% of their original list price. Plus, free shipping! When I do the S&T's, though, you'll have to check the other sections of the site...

I was going to use this but then I noticed the difference between their two sites

example

2005-06 Upper Deck Diary of a Phenom #DP3 Sidney Crosby

listed for .25 cents by taikob Item: 8282030
    http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards...Crosby/1761542

same card listed though for .50 on the comc.com site Item: 8282030
    http://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/200...Crosby/1761542

so what's deal on that?
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country

^ Shipping is $3 no matter the # of cards on COMC.com. On the other site, you have to add to shipping extra so it works out to around the same.

COMC has the Black Friday promos and cheaper prices on a lot of cards atm, checkoutmycards.com does not.

I bought some Cup base cards from 2005-11 and finally found some 2010 Dominion base cards for cheap due to their sale. Hopefully lots of other Dominion and Panini Prime and other nice thick cards show up for cheap on eBay because of people busting open boxes that were on sale elsewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ Shipping is $3 no matter the # of cards on COMC.com. On the other site, you have to add to shipping extra so it works out to around the same.

COMC has the Black Friday promos and cheaper prices on a lot of cards atm, checkoutmycards.com does not.

I bought some Cup base cards from 2005-11 and finally found some 2010 Dominion base cards for cheap due to their sale. Hopefully lots of other Dominion and Panini Prime and other nice thick cards show up for cheap on eBay because of people busting open boxes that were on sale elsewhere.

So they basically jacked up the prices on COMC.com to offset the free shipping they are giving away? I hope that isnt so, becuase if so its kind of shady.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So they basically jacked up the prices on COMC.com to offset the free shipping they are giving away? I hope that isnt so, becuase if so its kind of shady.

Shipping is still the same price ($0.25 per card + $3.00 per lot). On the old site, you paid the $0.25 per card when you shipped the card, but on the new site, it is hidden in the price of the card so you pay it up front.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Shipping is still the same price ($0.25 per card + $3.00 per lot). On the old site, you paid the $0.25 per card when you shipped the card, but on the new site, it is hidden in the price of the card so you pay it up front.

So then the free shipping on the new COMC being offered today is a ruse then on the new site if it is hidden in the price of the card still?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kdawgy80's Items on eBay

So then the free shipping on the new COMC being offered today is a ruse then on the new site if it is hidden in the price of the card still?

I didn't look closely, but I'm pretty sure those .25 fees were knocked off for the promo. I got 13 cards shipped for $10, all score gold RCs and SPA Rookie Extendeds, so it certainly seemed like it. One thing I do know, the standard shipping option was free, so at least the base fee on the shipping was knocked off. And they packaged and shipping my cards within 24 hours. Not the best deal ever but definitely not a scam.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^ No it's not a ruse. The shipping is free for this weekend. Normally on the new site (COMC) it costs $3 to ship a bunch of cards.

However the prices are NOT inflated today. A non-sale card today will be the same price tomorrow. However there are a tonne of cards on sale today so I would recommend picking them up if you want and getting them shipped today so you save the extra $3. I picked up some Cup and Dominion base cards from 2005-2010 for $1-3 on the sale and they're usually more than that on even eBay so I was pretty happy, also got my first auto card (a Mark Olver Avs rookie cup card for cheap).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ No it's not a ruse. The shipping is free for this weekend. Normally on the new site (COMC) it costs $3 to ship a bunch of cards.

However the prices are NOT inflated today. A non-sale card today will be the same price tomorrow. However there are a tonne of cards on sale today so I would recommend picking them up if you want and getting them shipped today so you save the extra $3. I picked up some Cup and Dominion base cards from 2005-2010 for $1-3 on the sale and they're usually more than that on even eBay so I was pretty happy, also got my first auto card (a Mark Olver Avs rookie cup card for cheap).

I must be missing something cause the card and same item# were showing two different prices for me

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was going to use this but then I noticed the difference between their two sites

example

2005-06 Upper Deck Diary of a Phenom #DP3 Sidney Crosby

listed for .25 cents by taikob Item: 8282030
    http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards...Crosby/1761542

same card listed though for .50 on the comc.com site Item: 8282030
    http://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/200...Crosby/1761542

so what's deal on that?

I noticed the same thing. This was the first time that I have used either site. I went through Checkoutmycards on the weekend making a list of the cards that I was interested in. I found that this site was easier for me to navigate and search than COMC. Monday night I went onto COMC since the free shipping was only offered on this site. Lo and behold, I'd say that about 90% of the cards that I was interested in had higher prices than on Checkoutmycards. Not significantly higher but it made me wonder what was going on. Most of the cards I bought were low to mid end inserts to finish sets.
    I speculated that the cost of the free shipping had been incorporated into the increased prices on COMC. Maybe the prices on Checkoutmycards were out of date but to have so many cards with different prices that this hypothesis seems unlikely. I ended up not buying all the cards that I had originally intended on buying partly based upon principle, and partly because my budget was reached quicker. I will admit that there were some cards that had lower prices.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast