Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Can somebody help with an Allison auto

My friend has been a life long Nascar fan and has a bunch of IP autos from back in the day but doesn't really know the values on them so he comes to me knowing I'm a card collector, problem is I collect hockey and football and don't really do much racing. Would any of you be able to help with a value on this Allison auto if he were he to sell it.

Any and all help is appreciated!!!!

Opinions more than welcome!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

Davey Allison is a very hard to find autograph due to his untimely passing in a helicopter crash in 1993. His autos these days fetch very good money-I would put a value on an IP auto like that at at least 50 to 70 dollars-possibly more to the right collector

SCF Rewards
    Country

Davey Allison is a very hard to find autograph due to his untimely passing in a helicopter crash in 1993. His autos these days fetch very good money-I would put a value on an IP auto like that at at least 50 to 70 dollars-possibly more to the right collector

Thanks I appreciate the answer, I was assuming the $20-25 range but I'm sure my friend likes your answer better lol. Would it help to send to PSA and have it authenticated or not really much of a difference on secondary market value?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country
    See SHLBYSALEN's Items on eBay

COUPLE of things. I dont think stephen is right about an inperson autograph bringing that much money even for davey. I would guess your wouldnt get more than 20.00 if that. EBAY is full of in person autographs of davey that are legit but do not sale.

HOWEVER you do not have in inperson autograph. You have the pack pulled certified autograph. These were randomly inserted into packs of cards at texaco stations. You can tell the difference between a certified autograph and a non certified by the location of his name. The non signed cards have his name much higher. The certfied have it lower so he could sign down the side but he didnt do that.

I have one and didnt pay 80.00 for it and it was perfect. Getting it psa is virtually worthless and costs more than its worth in racing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

COUPLE of things. I dont think stephen is right about an inperson autograph bringing that much money even for davey. I would guess your wouldnt get more than 20.00 if that. EBAY is full of in person autographs of davey that are legit but do not sale.

HOWEVER you do not have in inperson autograph. You have the pack pulled certified autograph. These were randomly inserted into packs of cards at texaco stations. You can tell the difference between a certified autograph and a non certified by the location of his name. The non signed cards have his name much higher. The certfied have it lower so he could sign down the side but he didnt do that.

I have one and didnt pay 80.00 for it and it was perfect. Getting it psa is virtually worthless and costs more than its worth in racing.

thanks for the knowledge! obviously know more than me but i guess i wasnt completely off! hah

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country

thanks for the knowledge! obviously know more than me but i guess i wasnt completely off! hah

main reason i know about this card, is when I was shopping for one i HAD to learn or get burned. the certified versions that are slabbled do not seem to sale. I know a guy in tn that had one in his shop im not sure he ever sold it. NOW if you could help me find out about the chuck bown and harry ranier autographs i would be eternally greatfull

SCF Rewards
    Country

main reason i know about this card, is when I was shopping for one i HAD to learn or get burned. the certified versions that are slabbled do not seem to sale. I know a guy in tn that had one in his shop im not sure he ever sold it. NOW if you could help me find out about the chuck bown and harry ranier autographs i would be eternally greatfull

Since you are familiar with the card, would you happen to know what a fair asking price would be on it?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country

THe last two sold on ebay for about 83 and 95. I think i paid less than 80 but I got really lucky with who i bought from. I would take anywhere between 80 and 100 for it. Anything higher than that has not sold on ebay for many years. Market isnt what it used to be. Also most collectors that need it have it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i do keep on the lookout for those keepin you in mind but Ive yet to ever see em haha