Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

GOP State senator wants to bring back public school prayer!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/207568401...d=927094231001

^Yet another example of how far right Christians keep wanting to shove their religious beliefs down our throats....no matter what!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

http://video.foxnews.com/v/207568401...d=927094231001

^Yet another example of how far right Christians keep wanting to shove their religious beliefs down our throats....no matter what!

^^Yet another example of how you keep wanting to shove your non religious beliefs down our everyone's....no matter what.

As with everything...the fanatical aspect of every part of society gives the rest of the people a black eye.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^Yes, my crazy non-religious beliefs that schools should be a place of education not a church.

BTW, I hope you saw the video, kinda funny how Faux brings in a priest and he ends up arguing against this proposition....

His reasoning is because he fears that Muslims and Satanists will want to do prayers at public schools as well....LOLOLOL, gotta love Christians, it's my way or the highway.

Also, I love how he said that public schools teach 8 hours of subjects while not including their beliefs.

Sorry Father, but your beliefs don't fall under any important educational categories.

But I will agree with one thing they said (OMGZ, I agree with Fox???)....they said that schools should have a religious class where all religions are discussed.

I'm all for that....this would teach them about other cultures outside the U.S. and how religious beliefs (no matter where you live) really are very similar.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

:d:
    ^^yet another example of how you keep wanting to shove your non religious beliefs down our everyone's....no matter what.

As with everything...the fanatical aspect of every part of society gives the rest of the people a black eye.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Why do people yearn so much to have religion in public school? It's tax dollar funded so religion of any kind should not be taught. There are plenty of religious based schools that a parent can send their children to is they want to have a specific religion included in their education. If christianity made it's way into public education then there would have to be room for islam, judaism, buddhism, and any every other religion out there. This guy seems to just want to push his religion and it's beliefs and would more than likely fight hard to keep any other religion besides his own out of school if someone where pushing to also be represented.

to jlzinck, keeping religion out of public schools has nothing to do with pushing a belief. It's about the complete absence of religious belief. Schools without religion aren't teaching any religious belief and that includes the one that doesn't believe in a god. Atheism has no place in schools either and most people who want to keep religion out of schools aren't pushing for atheism to be taiught. You aren't seeing the difference but there is one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I'm all for saying the pledge of allegiance in school...we did in elementary before classes started for the day. It is a public school that is pretty much run by the government anyways.

If you want prayer in school, go to a private, christian school.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

No school sanctioned prayers in public schools under any circumstances. Hell I wouldn't be mad if they got rid of the pledge or allegience which is nothing a pointless ritual. Have a moment of silence before the school day to pray, meditate, say the pledge, sing to your self, sleep or do whatever you need to do to get your mind right. How the hell can our corrupt and incompetent school system who cannot even educate our kids properly teach them about God and how to worship him? That is what church/mosque/synagouge/etc is for.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country

to jlzinck, keeping religion out of public schools has nothing to do with pushing a belief. It's about the complete absence of religious belief. Schools without religion aren't teaching any religious belief and that includes the one that doesn't believe in a god. Atheism has no place in schools either and most people who want to keep religion out of schools aren't pushing for atheism to be taiught. You aren't seeing the difference but there is one.

To the average person, yes. But Alex is so anti religion because of his situation in life I believe. The same reason I am anti illegal alien...because of a personal life situation. Yes I am called a racist.

My comment was geared towards Alex and not pareyer in school. Prayer should not be a school led function.

What a person from the GOP wants just will not happen. Same with over turning Roe V Wade or taking away the 2nd ammendment.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country

His reasoning is because he fears that Muslims and Satanists will want to do prayers at public schools as well....LOLOLOL, gotta love Christians, it's my way or the highway.

There is a public school in Cambridge Mass that Muslim students can use for prayer. Is that wrong?
    Is it wrong that a school brought students on a field trip to a mosque, seperated the children by sex and then they watched the men pray?

Yes those are wrong too. But if you bring these things up you are the bad person.

Consistancy is what I want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Like the statement but consistancy you will not find.This is a crusade thread along with others in this section.

There is a public school in Cambridge Mass that Muslim students can use for prayer. Is that wrong?
    Is it wrong that a school brought students on a field trip to a mosque, seperated the children by sex and then they watched the men pray?

Yes those are wrong too. But if you bring these things up you are the bad person.

Consistancy is what I want.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast