Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The pope will step down at the end of the month.....according to the Vatican!

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-benedict-...110422132.html

^Interesting....and since I know very little about catholics, I might sound a bit dumb, but I'm going to ask this either way?

This isn't normal, right?

Usually, you're a pope until you die, right?

EDIT.....It looks like my questions have been answered.

This is the first pope to resign since the MIDDLE AGES!
    Last edited by JustAlex; 02-11-2013 at 07:30 AM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Wow..... that is pretty big news........doesn't smell right to me though, many Popes stayed in long after they were tired and not capable of the heavy demands. My friends in the P&R section are going to have a ball with this!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Yeah, this seems odd. He's even resigning in the midst of Lent.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

There is some chatter about the sex scandals with the church as part of this as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

There is some chatter about the sex scandals with the church as part of this as well

I just think that it's funny that for Lent, the Pope gave up being the Pope. We'll have to see what this is all really about.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

The word on the street is he has Alzheimer's you will soon see this will come out. I don't think this has anything to do with a Sex scandal, as the Pope has been through a ton worse criticism......he wouldn't resign over that. I mean why now?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Good.

he was in charge of the decision to cover-up the molestation of children as he was at the helm of the Catholic Congress.

This man was JP2's Pitbull, that was his nickname. He is the man that immediately blamed the children when the cases of molestation began to surface. He defended the Catholic Church and blamed everyone else.

He firstly blamed children molested, then transferred Priests, then moved the offending Bishops and Archbishops to the Vatican when it was obvious that they would go to jail in Canada, the USA and Ireland.

Ratzinger, also swore allegiance to one man - Adolf Hitler when he was ensconced in the Hitler Jugend. He should never have been allowed to be anything once they found he was Hitler Jugend.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Proposal: This turns out to be an elaborate hoax planted by the Pope himself. At the end of the month, he issues a tweet that says "LOL JK STILL POPE HAHA". History forever refers to it as the Pope-a-Dope.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Proposal: This turns out to be an elaborate hoax planted by the Pope himself. At the end of the month, he issues a tweet that says "LOL JK STILL POPE HAHA". History forever refers to it as the Pope-a-Dope.

Lol......great post!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

you're on fire my friend!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast