Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Where the federal budget really goes towards...

Everyone who works for the Department of the Interior just received an iPad for free.... for "work purposes".

Always reassuring to know we have some smart business people running this country.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

lol, well apple thanks you, the taxpayer.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Blue_dog_cards's Items on eBay

Am still using an etch-a-sketch

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I know some business who have people on ipads only. I wonder if these ipads are extra or replacing laptops and desktops.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I know some business who have people on ipads only. I wonder if these ipads are extra or replacing laptops and desktops.

They aren't replacing laptops or desktops in any businesses that I know of. They are just an extra tool.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They aren't replacing laptops or desktops in any businesses that I know of. They are just an extra tool.

Some are, but yes most are extra tools.

Country
    See hampcards's Items on eBay

David Vitter's hooker bill

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Nope, just as an added "perk". They were below the budget for the year, so instead of spending on something that could have actually been useful to what they are supposed to be doing, they get everyone an iPad to keep their budget where it is at for the next year, when they prove that they dont even need the full budget.

SCF Rewards
    Country

here a big issue I find with government budgets and budgets in general. Most division will spend surpluses like this because if they have a surplus to give back they will get less of a budget for the next year. I get the thinking but that system just doesn't really breed the habit of coming in under budget. Seems like this ipad purchase is a product of this.

Country
    See hampcards's Items on eBay

The Department of Interior plans to purchase and distribute Apple iPads to see how the devices can improve worker productivity,” Elizabeth Montalbano reports for InformationWeek.

“The move is part of a larger acquisition of Apple hardware products the department plans to make and mirrors similar moves by businesses to experiment with giving employees iPads and similar tablet devices to see how it affects job performance,” Montalbano reports. “Interior is seeking to acquire the tablet devices, which will be “used in personal productivity and visual media” within the department, as part of a two-year, firm fixed price indefinite-delivery contract, according to a public request for proposals posted on FedConnect. The contract period will begin April 1. Other products Interior seeks to buy in the acquisition include MacBook Pro and Air notebooks, and MacPro, iMac, and MacMini desktops.”

So they are swtiching over to Apple... what's the problem. Most of the DELL computers are garbage and out dated ( in other words they spend more on tech support then it would cost to get new stuff). More conservative feigned outrage about 1/2 a story strikes again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast