Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See eberleclone's Items on eBay

A Final Bid Adieu to the Hobby

Unfortunately in light of some personal matters that have come up, I have decided to bid fair well to this once wonderful hobby. Over the past ten years I have massed large collections, traded, sold and built many random PCs of no name players that I had a soft spot for. I used to love being able to rip wax to see if I could pull something great or just to build up my traders for the hell of it.

But as the time has come along I have found my joy waning on the subject. No longer have I been able to make even small trades without some form of hassle (shipping costs, stubborn traders, people expecting me to trade in their favor, etc...). Even box breaking has become a headache and less enjoyable. Ripping wax has lost the thrill and rush that it once had, with to many redemptions, dud boxes, damaged cards/replacement issues and nothing ever seeming to hold value anymore.

SO now I begin the tedious and (mildy) heartbreaking task of slowly piecing out my traders and PC. I had a blast gathering what I believe to be the greatest Alex Plante collection in the hobby. Much of my reasoning for leaving is due to my personal financial situation and my need to remove myself from any form of collecting (for at least a very long time).

For the most part the members of SCF have been phenomenal to deal with. Without many of you guys, I would not have been able to find the cards that I currently possess. I have also made some good friends on here and I have had once a many great talk about hockey, the hobby and the "finer points in life".

So with that I bid you adieu SCF.

Keep Calm and Trade On,

Eberleclone

-Formerly the Self-Proclaimed Official Alex Plante Collector
    Last edited by eberleclone; 01-12-2013 at 11:25 PM.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See ajk0565's Items on eBay

Always sad to see a fellow trader go...good luck out there man, maybe one day you can come back...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

I feel you as I'm in the same boat right now. I have an insane Sundin collection of over 1,000 unique cards and it is time for me to move on due to financial reasons as well as I just am not enjoying the hobby anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See eberleclone's Items on eBay

Always sad to see a fellow trader go...good luck out there man, maybe one day you can come back...

Maybe sometime in a few years, unfortunately i see this as the best time for me to leave.

I feel you as I'm in the same boat right now. I have an insane Sundin collection of over 1,000 unique cards and it is time for me to move on due to financial reasons as well as I just am not enjoying the hobby anymore.

I feel your pain. Its tough to move something that you have worked so hard to build up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just so you both know, I was in a very similar situation to the two of you, 2-3 years ago. The hobby no longer brought me any pleasure (For the reasons the original poster stated above) and I found that my financial situation simply didn't allow me to collect any longer.

Long story short; I dumped 98% of my collection for pennies on the dollar and it was the best thing I ever did. Seriously. The freedom you have from no longer being addicted and shackled to the latest product, RC, etc., is truly exhilarating. Trust me. Dump and run. You're 2015 self will thank you 10x's over :-)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I feel ya there sir, and I feel FOR ya...............

I got back into collecting a few years ago by buying some giant lots from eBay. After I took what I wanted I'd sell off the rest, and BOOM, I had me a collection, which I've added to bit by bit and one by one until I'm at a point where I'm pretty much out of cash and out of room.

I was never much of a box-breaker cuz of my baddddd luck + I don't really collect the newer guys + I'd be left over with a buncha stuff I have no use for, so it's been mainly singles from eBay or card shows, and more recently trades on SCF. SCF kept me going in the hobby this last little while, the people I've met have been 99% awesome, some of the trades I've been offered have left me feeling somewhat guilty hahahaa, and when I haven't been able to work a trade out I've paid cash and not once been ripped off on a price. This site has for a few months saved me from the solitary aspects of the hobby and got me excited about collecting again, and even without adding to my collection I can stay connected and share what I have and see what everyone else has.

You can get out of the sandbox but you can still stay in the playground no?