Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I agree with you on a lot of things but you are way off on this one. No way would I want to live in a society where the police has al the power and I have no way to defend myself. Sounds a lot like nazi germany to me.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Law enforcement shouldn't have the power? You want to defend yourself against the police with a gun? If criminals didn't have guns you would not need one to defend yourself.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

The "automatic weapons in the supermarket" was an exaggeration. I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. I have very little problem with law-abiding citizens owning firearms. But again, if I had it my way, no one other than law enforcement would be permitted to possess them.

That is the image the media paints all the time, thugs and trash running around w/full autos itching to shoot the first person that ticks them off...most libs buy it, I apologize for lumping you in. I wish I could assume something that outlandish is exaggeration, but I've made that mistake before.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Not sure what you are trying to say. Law enforcement shouldn't have the power? You want to defend yourself against the police with a gun? If criminals didn't have guns you would not need one to defend yourself.

In the United States after the civil war the first thing that the southern states did was make sure that blacks were not allowed to arm themselves. They were not only at the mercy of crooked cops but of the klan and other racists people and therefore had no way to defend themselves. Fast fowrard to nazi germany. When hitler and the nazis came into power one of the first things that he did was take away the right for the jews to arm themselves and we all know how that one turned out. Criminals don't follow gun or any other types of laws that is why they are criminals. Why don't you google the case parker vs the district of columbia so you can learn what the gov't position is when it comes to protecting it's citizens. I don't ever want the gov't to have that much power over me where I have no legal right to defend myself or my family.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I guess I have it too good. Needing to defend myself against my government or anyone for that matter has never crossed my mind.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I guess I have it too good. Needing to defend myself against my government or anyone for that matter has never crossed my mind.

Yeah it must be nice up there where you are at. No crime, not having to ever worry about anyone trying to rob you. break into your home, come after you wife or kids or anyone hating you for the color of your skin. I need to move up there where you are at.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Yeah it must be nice up there where you are at. No crime, not having to ever worry about anyone trying to rob you. break into your home, come after you wife or kids or anyone hating you for the color of your skin. I need to move up there where you are at.

Didn't say we don't have crime. We just don't have it on a scale that would warrant worrying about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Didn't say we don't have crime. We just don't have it on a scale that would warrant worrying about it.

And to think, Michael Moore basically said there was no crime in Canada! Lol.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I do kind of lean with some of the conservatives on this matter. We do have the right to bear arms per the second amendment and I am wholehartedely in favor of it. However I do think that there should be a level of common sense with our gun laws. Since you have to take a driving test to prove that you are worthy to drive a car why not take a shooting test and get a picture id like a driver's liscence in order to have a gun? That way we can the average working man can legally defend himself and his fam and the guns can be traced back to the owner if anything goes down.

My only problem with your position is that it requires government approval to exercise my Constitutional rights.

Forgive my lack of knowledge with the historical significance of the 2nd Amendment, but I always thought that it had something to do with having an able and ready militia. I have a hard time believing that the founding fathers had "everyone packing automatic weapons at the supermarket" in mind. But I could be wrong.

Clearly you know very little about American gun laws.

1) The right to keep and bear arms was so that the people can defend themselves against oppressors. Last I checked the world is not free of oppression.

2) It is illegal for the average citizen to OWN an automatic weapon, much less carry one, so there is nobody at the supermarket carrying automatic weapons.

I see this "automatic weapons" statement made by liberals a lot. It is one of the most factless and baseless statements made on the issue.

--------------------------

An intersting little statistic...

2009 deaths from DUI/DWI - 44,647 http://www.centurycouncil.org/learn-...g-research#888

In spite of my best efforts I can only find generalized numbers of 30,000 deaths per year from guns and that includes suicides. If anybody finds hard numbers I would appreeciate it.

Assuming the 30k number is accurate, it appears we need to outlaw cars and alcohol before we outlaw guns.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just because you have no fear of your government does not mean that government has the grounds to take away your rights. I do not fear my government at all but that doesn't make me gullible enough to give away my ability to protect myself.

The simple reality is that the idea that the government or the police will protect you is blissful ignorance. If someone breaks into you home there will be no government agents or police there to protect you. You are on your own. The police may eventually arrive but it will be to investigate how you died, not to protect you.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Just because you have no fear of your government does not mean that government has the grounds to take away your rights. I do not fear my government at all but that doesn't make me gullible enough to give away my ability to protect myself.

The simple reality is that the idea that the government or the police will protect you is blissful ignorance. If someone breaks into you home there will be no government agents or police there to protect you. You are on your own. The police may eventually arrive but it will be to investigate how you died, not to protect you.

Are you saying you cannot protect yourself without the use of a gun? Apparently your government is already making restrictions on how you can protect yourself (current gun laws), so it appears your gullibility or your rights are not absolute.

I have survived 45 years on this planet without the need of a GUN to protect me. I am certain, with good health, I can survive another 45 years. If someone breaks into my home, they better be armed; it will get my compliance, otherwise they will have bitten off more than they can chew.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast