Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Starting to snow in the Shenandoah Valley. It's very fine snow as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Baltimore Orioles

Im in the lower elevations of WV in the Elkins/Randolph County area. We have about 8 inches of snow in as many hours and were out of power for about 5 hours. I hope that things start to calm down as limbs are falling like mad here on the mountains.

My prayers to everyone on the east coast as it seems it could get nasty throughout the evening/night and following day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here in Berks County, PA. Hasn't been TERRIBLE up here, but quite still quite a bit of damage. Thankfully only lost power for a little, still raining and blowing like hell. Prayers go out to everyone, especially down in South Jersey!

Local News tells me we only have gotten 3 inches of rain, but It's definitely more
    Last edited by TPotts; 10-30-2012 at 02:18 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jerseycoastcollectibles's Items on eBay

Devastation on Long Beach Island!!! http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/vid...rounding-area/

Looks like our shore house is gone. We were right on the bay. But after seeing this video, I am not very confident it is still there. I spoke to a few people already and they know their homes are gone. Contacted LBTPD and they are informing us we will not be able to access the island for at least a week to ten days.

On a brighter note, at least none of my pc or my store items were in that home, so at least I can continue to run my little business. Guess I really have to do some selling now LOL!

Sure glad I made the decision to leave, and not weather the storm. Property can be replaced, lives cant!

My thoughts and prayers go out to any other homeowners at the jersey shore, and hope others have faired better than I have.

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dodge a bullet in MD. My area got about 6-7 inches of rain and I lost power for over 17 hours, but it could have been a lot worse.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Devastation on Long Beach Island!!! http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/vid...rounding-area/

Looks like our shore house is gone. We were right on the bay. But after seeing this video, I am not very confident it is still there. I spoke to a few people already and they know their homes are gone. Contacted LBTPD and they are informing us we will not be able to access the island for at least a week to ten days.

On a brighter note, at least none of my pc or my store items were in that home, so at least I can continue to run my little business. Guess I really have to do some selling now LOL!

Sure glad I made the decision to leave, and not weather the storm. Property can be replaced, lives cant!

My thoughts and prayers go out to any other homeowners at the jersey shore, and hope others have faired better than I have.

Ed

Very upsetting seeing this happen. We slightly dodged the bullet in Northern Delaware. My fiance's family has homes in Sea Isle which was bad, but not as bad. Praying for you man.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

Here in Gloucseter County (Washington Township to be exact) we made it out ok. From what I know there isnt a ton of flooding and only some power is out. Thoughts and Prayers go out to everyone who was hit harder and lost homes, possessions, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hope everyone did ok, i know some towns got hit hard. it was a non-event in south philly, wind and rain, no biggie. ate, drank, and sat on the couch waaay to much the past few days. wasn't sure if anything would be open on monday but most of the bars in my hood were packed. almost got blown over walking home that night...but that made it kind of fun :)
    here's a pretty crazy pic of seaside heights boardwalk
    Seaside Heights- Hurricane Sandy.jpg

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

We lost 85 trees at the golf course that I work at in Fleetwood, PA. It is a disaster and it will surely take us about a month to get it cleaned up.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

My street got really luck compared to the rest of my town. I only lost portions of my wooden fence in my backyard. Currently 80% of houses don't have power and most of the streets in town are closed off because of fallen trees and debris. It got so bad the mayor impemented a 6 pm to 6 am curfew till further notice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast