Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, yes

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Not decided. The way the petitoning would be done is to all of the other states and they would decide if the state could leave. It has not been tried, so I do not know if it is legal. The courts would have to decide.

So it's illegal to petition?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Also, are you guys really angry that Texans got angry and picked up pens instead of guns?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, here is an example f something we agree on that is not party based. though it is the republicans who lost the election, there is no way to say what the dems would be doing if they lost. I don't see this as a party issue, just unhappy Americans, but I have a feeling if romney would have won, things would be no better off.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

wickabee, here is an example f something we agree on that is not party based. though it is the republicans who lost the election, there is no way to say what the dems would be doing if they lost. I don't see this as a party issue, just unhappy Americans, but I have a feeling if romney would have won, things would be no better off.

Jay you really believe that? If The Dems did not do the say thing after 2000 they never will! I would say more the 98% are Tea Party backers.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

So it's illegal to petition?

To petiton the White House, since it would be a unilateral move. If they petitoned the White House, it should state that they want to petiton all of the other states for removal from the Union.

Yes, the way they are petitioning is illegal right now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Also, are you guys really angry that Texans got angry and picked up pens instead of guns?

Nope, I am not. I just find law more interesting lately. I wish more people did. :/

Also, I hope people signing the petition are getting legal advice, becasue it could cause them trouble down the road.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 11-18-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Its not a unilateral move. They petition the federal government who then responds with a yes or no. Unilateral would be them just declaring Texas a state independent from the US. Just doing it, so to speak.

Jay and MadMan, I believe the exact same people would be saying the opposite of what they are now. Weren't there petitions like this in '04?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Its not a unilateral move. They petition the federal government who then responds with a yes or no. Unilateral would be them just declaring Texas a state independent from the US. Just doing it, so to speak.

Jay and MadMan, I believe the exact same people would be saying the opposite of what they are now. Weren't there petitions like this in '04?

That is the thing. According to the case law right now, they can not petition the Federal government for removal only(unilateral move). They would have to petition the other states. The petition to the Federal government should state that they want the government to file petitions/ballot measures with the other states for their removal from the union.

Hence, it is illegal.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

In which case the government should tell them to to back and do it right. But why is there the 25,000 stipulation for an official response?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast