Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

@Christians only.....what exactly do you believe christianity is? Q&A thread.

Instead of endlessly discussing christianity with AJ (who has admitted he is not a christian) and Wickabee who has also admitted is not religious.

I want to address ONLY christians in this thread.

Before we start I want to say that I promise to be respectful, and even though I am against your religion, I believe in discussion and reasonable argument.

So let's begin. (Hopefully your answers will be backed up with biblical quotes).

#1 What is considered immoral according to your religion?

#2 Who goes to hell and heaven....what is hell and heaven?

#3 Who is a christian, what does it mean to be a christian?

#4 Do you follow all the rules within christianity, if not, why?

#5 Is the bible infallible, should it be followed exactly the way it is, and if it shouldn't....then how do you know how to live within your religion?

#6 What does it mean if and when christians answer these questions in very different manners?
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-01-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Aww, poor Jay didn't get a mention. That's mean.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Aww, poor Jay didn't get a mention. That's mean.

He's a Christian isn't he?

I'd love for him to answer my questions, along with any other christian.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

He's a Christian isn't he?

I'd love for him to answer my questions, along with any other christian.

What denomination is he?

He's as Christian as I am.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, these will take some time to answer, they are complex. But I will be back to answer. I have another thread I am working on right now (and I can't believe you forgot about me!!!)

SCF Rewards
    Country

alex, these will take some time to answer, they are complex. But I will be back to answer. I have another thread I am working on right now (and I can't believe you forgot about me!!!)

I'm looking forward to your thread.

I'm also looking forward to your answers.

Remember, I only want to provoke discussion and respectable argument, not anything else.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Alex:

You have either forgotten or have not included the word "Indoctrination"

You should ask christians to define this word, as many I've met, don't have a clue what it means.

SCF Rewards
    Country

#1 What is considered immoral according to your religion?

now you speak of religion rather than the teachings of Jesus, two very different things. You are trying to fit angelic, protestant, and everything else labeled Christian into one, this cannot be done.

You will see this as an act of religion, which it is, but you forget the most important things. religion comes from man, God does not. so the interpretation of what God sees as immoral will vary depending on the men who came up with the idea.

But here is the best way to sum this up, it is pretty simple to understand, as long as you do not let your preconceived notions get in the way.

Are ye also yet so without understanding? Do not ye yet perceive that whatsoever thing from without entereth into a man, entereth in at the mouth, goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught, purging all meats? It entereth not into his heart; it cannot defile him.
    But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man: for from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, false witness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemies, pride, foolishness: all these evil things come from within, and these are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Crap. Now we're gonna get two pages on how Christianity promotes poor hygiene.

SCF Rewards
    Country

alex, after rereading all this, I am unsure if I can answer any of these for you. I believe your issue may be with the evangelical Christians, Catholics, Orthodox Jews, and extreme Muslims.

Just like within every movement you will only hear the most radical and loudest of it members, unless you are personally involved with it. Whether it is Westboro Baptist, Muslim terrorists, rapists from the wall street movement, or insane tea party members, these are what the general public hears about, not the normal people, because they are not "news worthy".

I only have an issue with these type of people when they bring hate, but it is the individuals, not the religion, not the god, not everyone of them.

Personally, I do not have to label what is moral or immoral, you know your actions and your intent. something as simply as bumping into someone one can be innocent or immoral, it depends upon your known intent.

Heaven and Hell is the result of your life, which I am not Nostradamus, so I do not try to predict the future, I try to live in the now, which is all I have control of, so I do not concentrate on a reward or punishment, just my life.

If we use the dictionary to define Christianity,
    one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus

To me there are only two requirements, if these two are believed then all else falls into place. the first is the Resurrection, and the second is, the Ascension. If someone believes these are true then they have to believe in Jesus and thus are Christian in nature. after that nearly anything goes.

as seen from the words above, the rules of Christianity will vary, but yes, I try to follow the rules that are personal to me.

the Bible is many things, but one of them is the writings of man inspired by God. It is easier and more logical, in my opinion, to follow the teachings of Jesus, which are in the Bible, but also may be elsewhere.

I would expect some others to answer in a different way, you are talking in man made exacts, human nature and God is not man made, so they will not follow the same logic.
    You might say logic is logic, but if this is true why are there various version of the same scientific theory? Logic can tell us we evolved like everything else, and we transformed into bipedal hominids in the savanah due to our need to see above the grass plains to hunt and to scout out potential threats, the ability to better hunt gave us more meat and more proteins, we also needed reach up to gather fruit from trees, and carry things with our arms and use tools, this is logical.
    But logic can also tell us we transformed to bipedal hominids on the coast line do to our need to wade deeper into the water for food, this is also why our hair became finer, and our brain developed do to the omega 3, calcium, and other things in the sea food, and we also needed to free our arms to use tools and to carry.
    so as you can see, logic can exist in different ways and still be logic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast