Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

No they aren't. They've based the whole thing on a stereotype that may or may not exist. How does that help? How is it different from studying why gay males are fashion conscious.

You, and a few others on here, seriously need to learn how to read.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You, and a few others on here, seriously need to learn how to read.

That's pretty ironic, considering who said it.

And I did read. Where do they get the stats on fat lesbians?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

That's pretty ironic, considering who said it.

And I did read. Where do they get the stats on fat lesbians?

It's not ironic, it's factual. The article clearly states what the researchers hope to accomplish from the study. The accuracy of the data that they are basing the study on is irrelevant to the goals they WANT to accomplish (establish a link between sexuality and obesity). It may affect their success, but not their intentions.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's not ironic, it's factual. The article clearly states what the researchers hope to accomplish from the study. The accuracy of the data that they are basing the study on is irrelevant to the goals they WANT to accomplish (establish a link between sexuality and obesity). It may affect their success, but not their intentions.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my point is what they say they want (the study you mention) and what they actually want ($1.5million for calling lesbians fat) are two totally different things.

People do say good things they don't mean for personal gain, you know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so how come young kids are fat?
    sexuality and fatness can be linked in some way, but I can link you to wickabee, doesn't mean one has anything to do with the other.

how about linking fatness to sit down family dinners, school lunches, fast food, price of health food, lack of education about food, genetics, parenting, religion, or economics?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

What is it that they are saying for personal gain? And what is the personal gain they are achieving? A salary? Money to pay the lab rent?

Where are your studies disproving the studies they are basing their research on?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

so how come young kids are fat?
    sexuality and fatness can be linked in some way, but I can link you to wickabee, doesn't mean one has anything to do with the other.

how about linking fatness to sit down family dinners, school lunches, fast food, price of health food, lack of education about food, genetics, parenting, religion, or economics?

Fatness, as you call it, can be linked to all of those things. These researchers are trying to find links to something else that may help in the fight against obesity. What is wrong with that?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What is it that they are saying for personal gain? And what is the personal gain they are achieving? A salary? Money to pay the lab rent?

I'm sure they will spend all $1.5million on this "research".
    Of course, to do this "research, they need somewhere to live and food to eat and of course a recreation budget to keep them "sane". $1.5million should just get them by, right?

Where are your studies disproving the studies they are basing their research on?

First show me the studies thwey are basing this on. So far all I have to go on is "D*ykes is fat".

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Fatness, as you call it, can be linked to all of those things. These researchers are trying to find links to something else that may help in the fight against obesity. What is wrong with that?

THey're basing it on "We think more lesbians are fat and more gay men are skinny"

That's a stereotype. What's next, why black people can dance or Asians are bad drivers? This is crap.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

THey're basing it on "We think more lesbians are fat and more gay men are skinny"

That's a stereotype. What's next, why black people can dance or Asians are bad drivers? This is crap.

No, they are basing it on "Studies show (not their studies, btw) that minority lesbians are fatter and gay men are skinnier than their heterosexual counterparts." And because of that we want to research whether or not there is a causal link.

You can call it crap all you like. Until you can provide evidence that they are off base, all you are doing is blowing hot air.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast