Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Forget WHO says God hates sin for a second. The very fact that "God" hates anything is absurd. He is God. If He can wipe out the Earthly inhabitants with a flood, surely he can just do away with any sin he has a need to hate.

Well let's start with why there is sin. Satan challenged God, saying people would rather sin than serve him. If God simply wiped out everything he didn't like, another angel would see the logic that Satan was right because God had proved nothing, just used his powers to make it go away.

As such, he absolutely hates sin, but he's not going to just wipe it out or else it would just be a cycle of. Challenge and destroy. That isn't what God wants.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Forget WHO says God hates sin for a second. The very fact that "God" hates anything is absurd. He is God. If He can wipe out the Earthly inhabitants with a flood, surely he can just do away with any sin he has a need to hate.

God gives us all free will. We are not his robots and we are free to do as we choose weather it pleases him or not. He as a parent just like you as the father to your daughters are not always pleased with the choices that your kids make.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Well let's start with why there is sin. Satan challenged God, saying people would rather sin than serve him. If God simply wiped out everything he didn't like, another angel would see the logic that Satan was right because God had proved nothing, just used his powers to make it go away.

As such, he absolutely hates sin, but he's not going to just wipe it out or else it would just be a cycle of. Challenge and destroy. That isn't what God wants.

You lost me?? What was the point of the Flood then? Apparently God thought wiping everything out was a good idea back then.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

God gives us all free will. We are not his robots and we are free to do as we choose weather it pleases him or not. He as a parent just like you as the father to your daughters are not always pleased with the choices that your kids make.

I'm a mortal man, free to display the worst of emotions whenever I feel like it. I get that. He is a God. The ability to HATE should not be part of any supreme being's makeup. Enlighten me here. Did Jesus ever speak of hating anything?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You lost me?? What was the point of the Flood then? Apparently God thought wiping everything out was a good idea back then.

I'm just telling you what it says. I'm not necessarily agreeing with it and I'm definitely not saying the Bible doesn't contradi t itself.

So with all that in mind, what is your point.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I'm just telling you what it says. I'm not necessarily agreeing with it and I'm definitely not saying the Bible doesn't contradi t itself.

So with all that in mind, what is your point.

My point is: it's absurd for a God to hate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

God dosen't hate anyone but he hates certian actions. Are you suggesting that God should love everything? Rape, murder, bigotry, etc?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you say so. Though I would argue that we were made in his image and that would in life emotions. Since he can feel love, why couldn't he feel hatred?

Hater isn't a bad thing in and of itself. Saying someone, anyone, should live without hate is like saying they should live without fear. Fear exists for a reason, so does hate. It's how you use it that determines good or bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also think it's absurd for a god to be jealous, vindictive, or any other petty human emotion.

If we compare god to humans like humans to ants.....should I feel jealous, hatred, or vindictive towards an ant?

WHY?

Furthermore, doesn't this chaotic world where random things happen everyday proof positive that IF there is a god, he really doesn't care about our affairs?

Think about it.....the creator of an endless universe cares about a tiny piece of rock?

It's the equivalent of caring for ONE grain of sand in an endless beach!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

God dosen't hate anyone but he hates certian actions. Are you suggesting that God should love everything? Rape, murder, bigotry, etc?

There's a huge spectrum of emotion between hate and love. I am not sure you guys even understand what hatred actually is. If you did. You would see where I am coming from.

I do not, nor have I ever, "hated" anyone or anything. Hatred consumes people. Hatred is based on ignorance. You would think God would have a better grasp of His emotions.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast